Help me fix my Peavey VTM 120

maxkazar

• Members

So I have had this peavey vtm for about a year, always worked fine.

The other day I was getting no sound. I turned it on and off a few times/changed cords etc. and after a few tries it worked again like normal.

The other day I turned it on and no sound again. I turned it on off a few times, now it honestly sounds like im using an octave pedal and a fuzz pedal and the bass sounds all loose.

I tried cleaning all the jacks by spraying alcohol on a cord end and plugging it in and out.

Unfortunatly I dont have any spare 6L6 tubes to try but i did try other preamp tubes and it didnt help.

• Members

We used these for practice amps at the studio. They had them sitting there. PErsonally and no offense. sell it . Get a tube amp. BOgner , Marshall , Mesa, Just something thats not brand NEW . I like vintage gear . better components . DOnt go to 1969 but like if your going Marshall. A great amp ( which is the one i use al the time with my fender for clean is my 1981 JCM800 2203 Emglish version with EL34s . Key is to load it with the correct New OLD ASTOCK TUBES . you ll be much happier sonically. good luck.

• Members

We used these for practice amps at the studio. They had them sitting there. PErsonally and no offense. sell it . Get a tube amp. BOgner , Marshall , Mesa, Just something thats not brand NEW . I like vintage gear . better components . DOnt go to 1969 but like if your going Marshall. A great amp ( which is the one i use al the time with my fender for clean is my 1981 JCM800 2203 Emglish version with EL34s . Key is to load it with the correct New OLD ASTOCK TUBES . you ll be much happier sonically. good luck.

The VTM is a tube amp. Do you even know what it is? :facepalm:

Archived