Going to steal a new PA... Suggestions and help???

thenakedarab

• Members

ju5t1n20 and his singer are going in halves for a new pa. They are going to split the bill, and I trust them, because they have been in the same band for 10 years now. I currently don't have {censored}, but they have the lower line PV series 115 and 118 on each side, with behringer amps:facepalm:. And they're pushing only about 1200 watts, which is pretty anemic compared to certain standards and is starting to cause problems as far as headroom and punch, but at least they'll still have something once I snag their new one.

They are certain about going with the Peavey SP series SP2 and SP118 on each side, but have a question about matching power amps with the speakers. The SP2 is 1000w program and 2000 w peak, and the SP118 is 1200w Program and 2400w peak. They read from the sweetwater site that its good to have an amp capable of producing twice as much power, i.e. 2000 watt amp for 1000 speaker. Can you guys help them out on this??? I really don't want the speakers to be blown before I steal it from them.:facepalm:

RMS, program, and peak throws him for a loop when it comes to matching amps to speakers, so someone please help me out by helping him out.

Archived