I'm drinking sake out of the bottle...

MattACaster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Noted. Going out somewhere tomorrow night, maybe some metallica tribute band, maybe reverend horton heat if tickets are still available. Vodka and orange soda shall be the predrink of choice
:o

Ooooh, I'd love seeing RHH, but either way sounds fun. :thu:

• Members

You should try sh?ch?, made from rice, barley or potatoes usually but stronger than sake (25-35%). Quite nice but gave me one of the worst hangovers ever.

haha I posted that, its the only drink I have blanked out on.

It actually comes for this area and is cheaper to buy than bottled water, I am currently drinking that and chu-hi (the same but mixed with different flavours)

• Members

haha I posted that, its the only drink I have blanked out on.

It actually comes for this area and is cheaper to buy than bottled water, I am currently drinking that and chu-hi (the same but mixed with different flavours)

Nice. Me and a lab mate were in Japan last August for a conference and found this awesome bar built in to the wall of an exit tunnel from Asakusa subway station (I think it was called Omi). The place was TINY (room for about 5 people at the bar) but it was a very cool night, chatting to the locals who were really friendly. Anyway, they gave us a couple of huge tumblers of this stuff along with the beers. Neither of us were very drunk by the end but both had splitting headaches the next morning.

• Members

Nice. Me and a lab mate were in Japan last August for a conference and found this awesome bar built in to the wall of an exit tunnel from Asakusa subway station (I think it was called Omi). The place was TINY (room for about 5 people at the bar) but it was a very cool night, chatting to the locals who were really friendly. Anyway, they gave us a couple of huge tumblers of this stuff along with the beers. Neither of us were very drunk by the end but both had splitting headaches the next morning.

Sounds like the average bar (and they serve food)

This is what I am drinking (more chu-hi in the fridge)

13b5676c.jpg

• Members

13b5676c.jpg

2.7 litres? I probably only had 250 mL and that was enough, lol. Don't tell me you have it with your "premium cornflakes" or whatever's in that box there though? ;)

• Members

2.7 litres? I probably only had 250 mL and that was enough, lol. Don't tell me you have it with your "premium cornflakes" or whatever's in that box there though?
;)

Crackers but you cannot get decent cheese here, its all that American Craft cheese crap (McDonald's plastic cheese) I soooo miss Smocked applewood cheddar and good beer, I would die for an "old bob" right now.

• Members
Crackers but you cannot get decent cheese here, its all that American Craft cheese crap (McDonald's plastic cheese) I soooo miss Smocked applewood cheddar and good beer, I would die for an "old bob" right now.

Lack of cheese is probably the biggest reason I could not live in Japan. At the night out I mentioned I actually tried to explain to them what English ale was. Not easy. They thought I meant Guinness.

I'll leave you with a picture of perhaps the finest cheddar known to humanity :)

montgomerys-cheddar.jpg

• Members

13b5676c.jpg

I can't stand Sake. Taste like {censored} and gives me a wicked headache.

What is it with the cartoonish characters in Japan? :lol: I like how they gave everyone that drunken red blush on the label.

Archived