Like metal? My band Red Seas Fire have just released some free music you may enjoy

Nolly

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rules. Hard. This is true artistry in my opinion...not caring about a time table and just doing it for the love of music. You and your mates are the ones that deserve success...

Cheers man!

I'm glad we took our time, but thankfully I think stuff is going to come together a lot more quickly in the future now we have a full lineup and have established a sound to build upon.

• Members
Oops, missed that one, let me know what you want to know about the production and I'll try to answer! I might stick up that patch at some point but not just yet :)

I'd just like to know what mics and pre's were used on guitars and vocals and if drums were sampled with commercial samples like SSD or SD2.0.

• Members

Thanks guys, can't believe this thread is still going. Very cool to see so many people digging it :)

I'd just like to know what mics and pre's were used on guitars and vocals and if drums were sampled with commercial samples like SSD or SD2.0.

At my end, I tracked the DIs through an Audient MiCO preamp. Eduardo reamped the DIs with a 5150III through Mills and Orange 4x12s, with an SM57 and MD421 on each. I think Eddy used Neve mic pres.

Vocals were with a Shure SM7B through the Audient. We're not happy with them because they were a very rushed job - we'll be retracking all cleans with a Neumann U87 and at least remixing the screams.

Drums are mainly Toontrack samples, parts captured on a Roland TR-10 e-kit. I ended up using the Metalheads EZX for the bulk of the sound, with additional samples from S2.0 kits as well as some third party samples blended in.

Archived