Sherlock midi mod kit, just installed in my Laney VH100R, SUCCESS!!!

lenster

• Members

After researching and speaking to Dale from Sherlock amps , i took the plunge and purchased his Midi Mod kit and had my local guitar tech install it into my Laney VH100R.

After a few minor hiccups the installation has been a success and i now have total function over my amp switching and effects + digtal amp sims from my GSP 1101+ GC2 foorboard.

I set up 1 bank of 10 and played a gig on Saturday night without any hiccups.

If anyone is interested in the mod , speak to Dale and go for it. He has been very helpful with my questions and advice given has been excellent , great communication as well.

I now feel like i have my own mini Bradshaw switching system.

Stoked.

Once again thanx to Dale.

:thu:

http://www.sherlockamps.com/products/overview.html

• Members

Timmyfist , Best thing i've done.

Was really happy using the 4CM with my GSP but i was using the GSP for my clean sounds. Although it was passable in the end i wasn't completely happy.

During the gig i was able to tweak my clean channel on the fly which was great , not having to try and dial in a sound on the GSP.

switching is super quick.

It can store 100 presets ( like i'm ever gonna have that many).

Not that u need to know but here is what i set up:

1 - clean with chorus , reverb (Laney channel 1)

2 - clean with chorus , reverb , phase

3 - clean with drive and short delay (Laney channel 2)

4 - clean with drive , short delay and phase

5 - crunch with drive, short delay ( Laney Channel 4)

6 - crunch with drive, short delay , chorus

7 - crunch with drive, short delay , phase

8 - crunch with drive, delay (410ms) , EQ ( mid boost) for solos

9 - crunch with drive , delay (410ms) ,EQ , Harmony in A Major 3rd above for boys are back in town

10 - crunch with drive, delay (410ms) , EQ , Harmony in D Minor 5th above for Gimme Head Solo.

Super stoked .

These guys are awesome, i'm sure they will look after you and post to Europe.

Oh and LANEYS ROCK !!!!

• Members

I wasn't aware of this mod, anybody knows if it can be found in Europe ? Not necessary from Sherlock.

I've got a midi switcher fr my Roadking from EM Custom in Poland. I've not really set it up yet tho. I've also got a rackmount midi patchbay kinda thingy from them...yknow like the CAE, or DMC loop switcher systems...again..I've not gotten round to sorting it out yet tho. I'm eventually gonna control it all with my Ground Control Pro.

Archived