WD-40

fretless

• Members

so I've been dickin around with an old Ibby neck on a friends geetar for weeks , the truss rod would not budge even with some serious force , I was totally ready to just snap the {censored}er so one last try , this morning I shot a wee bit of WD in there and in 10 min it was free and working perfectly , fuxsakes

• Members

I know this, before fancy electronic ignition every distributor had points & condenser, my first car was a 66 Chevelle SS-396, ran like a raped ape, but when it rained, water would get inside my distributor cap, i kept a can of WD-40 on hand, one squirt inside would displace all the moisture.

I much rather prefer electronic ignition.:thu:

• Members

I know this, before fancy electronic ignition every distributor had points & condenser, my first car was a 66 Chevelle SS-396, ran like a raped ape, but when it rained, water would get inside my distributor cap, i kept a can of WD-40 on hand, one squirt inside would displace all the moisture.

I much rather prefer electronic ignition.
:thu:

And all you REALLY needed was a new o-ring! Instead you got a new car. :poke: ;)

• Members

i ended up joining the military a year later.
:cop:

I only paid $500 bucks for that 66 Chevelle SS-396, those days are over.

My first car was a 65 Malibu ss :)

Blew the engine racing a little over one year :cry:

14 years later I actually still have the car in storage and looking at $15k to restore it... Wtf

• Members

I much rather prefer electronic ignition.
:thu:

Chevelle ftw! My first car was a '69 SS 396/375. 4 Speed, 4:10 rear from the factory, and with the dreaded Hurst mystery shifter :). I missed 3rd gear so bad one night that 3 of the rocker arms floated *off* the pushrods, so that the pushrods were beating the inside of the valve cover. Sounded like a popcorn popper on steroids. Met a very cool cop that night who had the exact same car as it turned out.

• Members

Chevelle ftw! My first car was a '69 SS 396/375. 4 Speed, 4:10 rear from the factory, and with the dreaded Hurst mystery shifter
:)
. I missed 3rd gear so bad one night that 3 of the rocker arms floated *off* the pushrods, so that the pushrods were beating the inside of the valve cover. Sounded like a popcorn popper on steroids. Met a very cool cop that night who had the exact same car as it turned out.

I love 69's, i'd take any 65' thru 72' Chevelles in a heartbeat. I tore the 2 & 3 gear syncronizers outta my 4 speed, bought a Borg/Warner 4 speed that came out of a W30 Hurst Olds 442, bolted right up except after the swap the throwout bearing went, had to replace that, kewl project for a 16 year old, i had 90 weight gear lube in my hair for 2 months.

My Chevelle had 4:11 posi rearend.

Ahh back in the day things were made in the USA and you knew what the hell was under the hood.

You can't touch a decent 66' Chevelle SS 396 nowday for less than 20K.

Archived