new peavey 5150 custom faceplate

seth-ep

• Members

looks pretty cool man. does it still sound heavy as hell?

sounds even better :D

no really, i came out with the idea just after i retubed the amp xD

• Members

Sweet old school logo
:thu:

thanks everyone!!

yeah!, just felt right to put that one

but ill get an ENGL logo to {censored} around with people when i gig :lol:

once i get caught ill put the vintage peavey logo back where it belongs :thu:

• Members

Looks pretty awesome! How did you make that, where did you get those grill pieces?

i used just a bunch of {censored} that was on my backyard, a piece of steel pipe, some plywood and a can of black paint, but

it was a bitch to get everything together... cutting, screwing, gluing, the grill and my self too :lol:

• Members

by the way, there was no damage done to the amp or the original faceplate, i can put it back if i ever get bored of this one

also i made a jcm-ish one but black, ill get pics of that one too, its only missing the piping

• Members

Looks great! My only suggestion, and I really believe it would look a lot better, is if you removed the backing plate and left it with just the metal bars going across. This way you can see the tubes. If you did that, and decided to produce a couple to sell, I'd pull the trigger on one. I bought a set of blue LEDS that I intended on throwing inside the headshell wired to the power switch(lol duh). The reason I haven't installed them is because I really don't like the look of just the metal-grill on the front without the backing plate the 5150 logo attaches to. It makes the amp look, dare I say it, cheap? This would be the solution I'm looking for. The amp gets dressed up, the tubes would be visible, and my LEDs can be installed! I already have a set of blue LEDs but now I'm contemplating red. Hmm. I like both colors equally, but I think the blue would be a better contrast against the orange hue of the tubes when they're fired up.

If you ever decide to produce these for forumites or what not, please let me know as I would definitely purchase one from you. I'd like to engl'ize my fitty :)

• Members

You need to lose that piece of ply behind the bars...go proppa ENGL on it and show off them valves!
:thu:

i tried it without the ply but the grill on the back makes it look cheesy, i need to come up with something for the back as well...

• Members

Looks great! My only suggestion, and I really believe it would look a lot better, is if you removed the backing plate and left it with just the metal bars going across. This way you can see the tubes. If you did that, and decided to produce a couple to sell, I'd pull the trigger on one. I bought a set of blue LEDS that I intended on throwing inside the headshell wired to the power switch(lol duh). The reason I haven't installed them is because I really don't like the look of just the metal-grill on the front without the backing plate the 5150 logo attaches to. It makes the amp look, dare I say it, cheap? This would be the solution I'm looking for. The amp gets dressed up, the tubes would be visible, and my LEDs can be installed! I already have a set of blue LEDs but now I'm contemplating red. Hmm. I like both colors equally, but I think the blue would be a better contrast against the orange hue of the tubes when they're fired up.

If you ever decide to produce these for forumites or what not, please let me know as I would definitely purchase one from you. I'd like to engl'ize my fitty
:)

sure, i think i can make some for selling, but i need to come up with a good idea to make it more solid. the piece of ply its totally removable, it takes me like 2 minutes to remove it or to put the original faceplate back

Archived