ceriatone--whos built one?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

Overall I agree but remember that Weber has two tiers of trannies. They've got their normal ones which are Chinese I believe and then they've got the exact same transformer built by Heyboer for lie $20 more. I'd be all over the Heyboer trannies.

Actually 3 Tiers, if you count the Mercury stuff too, but yeah I meant the Heyboers.

Although I hear the chinese ones aren't all that bad either. Certainly better than their chassis.

• Members

Thinking about going the source route. As far as buying complete amps, no thanks, this about the build satisfaction. I'm an electronics technician so I won't be going in a virgin. If I'm going source route whaddya think, board or chassis first? Its easier financially in the short run to do it piece by piece

• Members

S Marshall on the Metro site will hook you up with a Chassis. He's up the road from me a ways and does limited production runs as well as one off's. Marstran is a great place as Brian Wallace has chassis and trannies he has custom done for sale.

I'd get the board and chassis at the same time to make sure they fit. I'd snag the trannies and make sure they fit as well. I like a laydown PT as it's cleaner IMO.

Valvestorm is sort of what the Metro Amps store used to be before they stopped selling kits. Try them out.

Archived