Hardware Chrome

Tuners Grover

Bridge Floyd Rose Original

Pickups EMG 85

Switching Kill Switch

Controls Master Volume

Case Hard Case Included.

• Members

Should be alder. All the other Promods, both U.S. and Japanese have been.

I really like the color scheme but still undecided about the flames. The black headstock with silver logo is a nice touch.

Would prefer maple and will they ever do a reverse headstock on the Promod?

• Members

Slap on a MIG Floyd, up the price a bit and they'll still sell like hotcakes IMO.

I'm not sure the MIK is a big deal really, it's still an OFR, and it's not a FR Special. I bought my So Cal about 6 months ago for 80's wankery, and the trem has taken a lot of abuse without showing signs of wear. I'm not sure the whole baseplate is hardened steel, but the knife edges seem to be. I guess the real test will be 10 years down the road, but I've had cheap LFR show signs of wear and tuning instability with much less abuse.

• Members

I'm not sure the MIK is a big deal really, it's still an OFR, and it's not a FR Special. I bought my So Cal about 6 months ago for 80's wankery, and the trem has taken a lot of abuse without showing signs of wear. I'm not sure the whole baseplate is hardened steel, but the knife edges seem to be. I guess the real test will be 10 years down the road, but I've had cheap LFR show signs of wear and tuning instability with much less abuse.

Which begs the question, how much more do they have to charge to put a MIG Floyd on there? Not that much considering they'll be buying that {censored} in bulk.

• Members

Which begs the question, how much more do they have to charge to put a MIG Floyd on there? Not that much considering they'll be buying that {censored} in bulk.

Yeah, I see your point, but I have no idea of what the duties or upcharges are compared to MIG. I know something stupid like a MIG black nut alone is like $40 for a regular consumer, which seems a bit ridiculous to me. I had the same concerns before owning a MIK, but at this point, as long as it's quality materials and build, I don't really care where it's made. Like I said though, my tune could change 5-10 years down the road. I have Floyds that are 20 years old and still hold tuning stability.

• Members

They already sell like hotcakes.
:cop:

Really, it's not that big a deal. The MIK's only weak spot is the arm holder, which is a cheap fix.

Yeah and my point is that even if they had to charge a bit more to put a MIG Floyd on the guitars, they would STILL sell very well. So I just can't understand why they don't wanna do it.

• Members

Yeah and my point is that even if they had to charge a bit more to put a MIG Floyd on the guitars, they would
STILL
sell very well. So I just can't understand why they don't wanna do it.

We should be happy they don't go to Chinese hardware and increase prices like Ibanez. :lol:

What sub $1k guitar comes with a MIG OFR? Nevermind being MIJ with name brand pickups and a hardcase?

Archived