New quick demo for my band.

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Interesting... Does the JVM have a direct out? I know they did that with the TSL100... If so, does it emulate a cabinet, or is it uncolored?

Cole

I have no idea what it's emulating. I've always like it though. I think it sounds dope for just wanking around through a mixing board.

I have a TSL, and have used the direct out on SLX too. They both suck balls IMO.

The JVMs is way better that's for sure.

• Members

I have no idea what it's emulating. I've always like it though. I think it sounds dope for just wanking around through a mixing board.

I have a TSL, and have used the direct out on SLX too. They both suck balls IMO.

The JVMs is way better that's for sure.

That is a neat feature to have, I have been debating on getting a DI box for my Peavey Classic 50, and then use cabinet impulses... I figure it would be a lot easier to mess with than mic placement and room acoustics...

You have had a great list of Marshall amps, I used to own a DSL and loved it... Though, I would love to try out an SL-X one of these days. If I needed a bigger setup, I would honestly look around for one to buy.

Cole

• Members

That is a neat feature to have, I have been debating on getting a DI box for my Peavey Classic 50, and then use cabinet impulses... I figure it would be a lot easier to mess with than mic placement and room acoustics...

You have had a great list of Marshall amps, I used to own a DSL and loved it... Though, I would love to try out an SL-X one of these days. If I needed a bigger setup, I would honestly look around for one to buy.

Cole

I know 3 dudes who play SL-Xs. They SL-X 50 watt sounds superb.

• Members

I know 3 dudes who play SL-Xs. They SL-X 50 watt sounds superb.

A 50 watt SL-X... I guess I didn't realize that there was a such a thing! I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for this... Thanks for the heads up! I also know that some of the SL-X amps came with 6L6 tubes as well as some EL34 tube versions as well... Is one better than the other? I would assume that the EL34 would be the better choice... However I could use a set of KT66s in a 6L6 version...

EDIT: Just added the SL-X to my "saved searches" on ebay! Thanks for the tip :thu:

Cole

Archived