NAD: Ceriatone 18W TMB EF86

Noak

• Members

Received my Ceriatone this week, been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these for a long time. And obviously, once I did it took about five weeks to get it built and shipped but it's finally here!

Nik at Ceriatone makes everything by order and apparently they don't do kits at this time for some reason so I got the complete amp including head cabinet, trannies and tubes. And it's very nicely put together. Haven't checked the guts yet but I'm sure I will at some point, obviously these babies are point-to-point handwired.

This one is an 18W (based on the marshall 1974X) but with Treble Middle Bass EQ (hence, TMB), no tremolo but master volume on the first channel. The second channel is more of a VOX style sound with an EF86 tube. The downside at this point is I can't try it because I don't have a speaker cabinet, it's not finished yet. I'll go down to the workshop today and sort that one out I think then it's time to rock...

Oh, some pictures of course!

Angle.jpg

Face.jpg

Knobs.jpg

Switch.jpg

• Members

Awesome!

I've often wondered about the TMB ef86 74x that Nik builds.

Please post some clips when you get your cab sorted!

What cab / speakers... Greens?... Golds?

I have often wondered now, but soon I will have wondered enough! Finished the cab today and I'm painting it so I also got the first layer of paint on it. I'm going to put a vintage 30 in it for now, see how that sounds. I was also thinking about a greenback, or perhaps even an AlNiCo Blue? Can't wait though :)

Archived