Connecting an iPad to the Digitech ipb-10

MediaMan09

• Members

Q1) DIRECT CONNECT - Do I understand correctly that the iPad does NOT seamlessly "dock" into the ipb-10, but rather one needs to manually connect a hard-wired digitech cable connector to the ipad dock port and then seat the connected ipad in the unit - correct?

Q2) EXTENSION CABLE - I have heard some say they had problems using an extended cable - whereas others had no issue with using premium cables such as those here: http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html . Is there a consistent verdict on the use of cables? Definitely like the extended cable route, putting the ipad on a stand or desk. My ipad can NOT be dedicated to guitar room (when needed to configure the ipb-10), so I much prefer to simply dock it as needed.

Q3) WI-FI CONNECTION - Rather than requireing the use of a manual connector, or use of extended cables, is there a reason why this couldn't have been done with a wi-fi connection - ie no docking, no cables? I guess this is not something we will see in a firmware upgrade, but only in the next hardware generation of ipd-nn units.

• Members

The ipb has spillover. That might be an important enough advantage to prefer it over the rp. It's not enough for me & fwiw I used to own the 1000

OP. I don't recall anyone here owning the ipb. Your questions are very specific which might be in the manual. Or hit the digitech forum.

• Members

Y u mad bro?

Not at all. It's quite eye-opening actually. Used to have a lot of respect for this forum, but I see now one cannot even ask an innocent question with getting flamed. Read dozens of post on Harmony Central on the ipb-10 so didnt think i was out of line. The Starbuck and POS rig remarks arent helpful. Oh well, life is short. Enjoy. Many other forums.

• Members

nah this forum is great but it's a discussion forum, people will suggest other gear, give their opinions and maybe even have parallel discussions on the same thread. That's what I did and you responded like you don't want to talk about anything just have your questions answered. Well, call Digitech customer service and be done with it then.... You can get a LOT of useful information here, but this is not exactly a customer service call center where everybody will just answer your question promptly and professionally. It's an open forum.

I think the ipb-10 is a stupid idea, putting an iPad on the floor of a venue is a recipe for disaster, something like the Rp1000 etc.. that is specifically designed for the application is a much better option. Am I entitled to say that on this thread? Sure.

• Members

nah this forum is great but it's a discussion forum, people will suggest other gear, give their opinions and maybe even have parallel discussions on the same thread....... You can get a LOT of useful information here....I think the ipb-10 is a stupid idea, putting an iPad on the floor of a venue is a recipe for disaster

Ah , I see your point if that's what you are assuming about the ipb-10. You truly value other opinions? Then you should read this : http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2846127-DigiTech-iPB-10-Programmable-Pedalboard#

• Members

Ah , I see your point if that's what you are assuming about the ipb-10. You truly value other opinions? Then you should read this :
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2846127-DigiTech-iPB-10-Programmable-Pedalboard#

That was actually a good read :)

Why don't you try to PM that Digitech rep with your questions? He seems helpful. And I apologize for my previous comments, I'm a better person after 6PM when I'm home lol

• Members

Ah , I see your point if that's what you are assuming about the ipb-10. You truly value other opinions? Then you should read this :

I had serious doubts about this when they first showed it. That HC link puts me in GAS mode now.

Archived