Does anyone know where to buy parts for a 9-band EQ

guitarbilly74

• Members

I made some EQ slider knobs with some melted down soda bottle cabs & a clay mold of an original. Was kind of tricky & took a few trys but made it work. How big are the knobs?

I have to measure them when I get home... but this is what the amp looks like:

Randall-Cyclone-Head.jpg

It's not only the knobs though, I also need the metal legs that connect the pot to the knob. Right now i have to use a pic to move 2 of the pots.

• Members

As far as the legs, I dont know.

Check flea bay & craigs list. Maybe someone will have one thats blown up or not working right. I bought a RG100ES that was smoked to rob parts off of. Sold the headbox for what I paid for it. Use what you need & junk the rest. Check your local shops for a junker too. They may have something thats got parts that'll work. I'd look in my junk box, but I know for sure I dont have any. You might find a junked out EQ pedal that you could rob em off of.

• Members

I made some EQ slider knobs with some melted down soda bottle cabs & a clay mold of an original. Was kind of tricky & took a few trys but made it work. How big are the knobs?

That is awesome.

It'd be pretty easy to do. get clay, press the original into the clay, pour molten aluminum in. 100 watt, I'm very impressed. :thu:

Edit: reading fail, but you could do the same with aluminum cans and clay. I've melted aluminum accidentally on the stove top before. Its doable.

• Members

That is awesome.

It'd be pretty easy to do. get clay, press the original into the clay, pour molten aluminum in. 100 watt, I'm very impressed.
:thu:

Edit: reading fail, but you could do the same with aluminum cans and clay. I've melted aluminum accidentally on the stove top before. Its doable.

I used to build model cars. I used to buy this epoxy casting stuff called "alumalite" . You could use that stuff, but the kit is pricey. It's basically epoxy resin. I used to use it to make my own parts. Havent fucked with it in years though.

Another thing maybe to try would be Sculpey clay. Its a modeling clay that turns to plastic when baked in the oven. It's cheap & you can get it in LOTS of colors. You'd have to do a couple of runs though..making a mold, then the casting.

• Members

you'd have to do the knob part in 2 pieces..then glue them together more than likely..then paint to match.

Probably a junked out pedal or amp would be the best way to go (if you can find it.)

for sure, or you could just do the leg and leave it w/o the knob.

Broken pedal/amp is the easiest way to go.

Archived