WGS Speakers For Modern Metal Marshall 1960A 4x12

Charvel1975

• Members

So I have a Marshall 1960A angled cab from about 2004, with stock Celestion G12t-75's. These aren't very good speakers and last night hooked up my Mesa Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb head,sounds like crap, the top 2 speakers are blown or something and I need to replace them ASAP! I'd like something a little more sensitive and preferably a bit less scooped in the mids - they also sound harsh to my ears. As I said before, I'm using a Mesa Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb head, for modern metal tuned to Drop B in the vein of Killswitch Engage/Shadows Fall, etc. but I also play different styles like classic rock/hard rock/metal so I'd like it to be a versatile cab. I saw the Liberator which is a beefed up ET65 with a fatter midrange, I was thinking of leaving the Bottom 2 stock Celestion G12T75's in it and maybe putting 2 16 Ohm Liberator's on the Top for right now cause I'm low on cash and then eventually doing an x pattern but I don't know anything about the X pattern? Or maybe get 2 of the 16 Ohm Liberator's, do an X pattern and take one of the bottom G12t75's putting it on top or get 2 WGS Veteran 30's 16 Ohm? Any suggestions? I've also seen people using the ET65/Veteran 30 combo either an "X" pattern or the ET65's on top of the Veteran 30's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ordered 2 WGS Retro 30's 16 Ohm from Warehouse Guitar Speakers, talked to Daniel over the phone (Thanks again Daniel!! icon_thumbs1.gif ) and he recommended for modern metal in what were tuned to, Drop B, with my Mesa Tremoverb head thru stock Marshall 1960A cab to start with 2 Retro 30's 16 Ohm X pattern with the stock celestion g12t75's and then get 2 WGS ET65's 16 Ohm later on when I save up some more $$ I think I'm gonna be a very happy camper

Archived