Is there a 6 string pickup that sounds like the Dimarzio Blaze Custom?

Chrisjd

• Members

I really loved that pickup in an old seven string I had. Does anyone know if Dimarzio makes a 6 string pickup that is supposed to sound very similar?

Keep in mind, I am talking about the Blaze CUSTOM, not the regular Blaze.

• Members

Maybe the new Dominion. Spec-wise it's kinda similar, haven't tried it though. I do have a blaze custom, and have tried many a Dimarzio I really can't think of one that is the 6 string equivalent. Maybe the Evo2 is in the ballpark..

• Members

Hmm.. I had a 7 string RG with the blaze custom and an rg550 with the breed at the same time for one of my bands recordings and the breed is really not that similar in my opinion. It's much fatter and more round. Plus it has an alnico5 magnet. The blaze custom feels pretty high output and obviously the ceramic magnet adds some tightness and quicker attack than the Breed. Honestly that Dominion looks to be a breed with a ceramic magnet. It should add that extra attack and tightness that the Blaze custom has

• Members

awesome. Appreciate the feedback as always. I think I'll check out the dominion. Damn did that Blaze Custom sound sweet. The pickup seemed to be fizzless and had a nice compression that held everything together.

• Members

The Blaze Custom is a middier version of the Blaze, Steve Special is pretty scoopy. I agree with the Breed recommendation.

yeah I tried...lo

I looked on the dimarzio site at the tone charts and noticed that it was middier

Archived