Live video of Randy playing Believer first time i've ever seen it.

Cryptos

• Members

someone speculates on the youtube comments that it's the result of filming w/ an old super 8 camera (or something like that) which only has reels 3 minutes long - probably the guy was changing reels during the rest of the songs

• Members

Wow the band was {censored}ing spot on and tight that night, damn they are playing in the pocket for sure as a group! (Rudy on bass, Tommy Aldrich on drums) Ozzy sounds pretty good as well, but the band is ripping shyt up as a whole, they sound damn good! :eek:

What can you say about Randy that hasnt been said, the guy was simply amazing and i think would have left Ozzy eventually (5-10 yrs) and did his own thing

Ya know for 30 year old video the sound is not 'that bad', (all things considered) i wish it was done professionally.. Very cool video, thanks for posting and this is a RARE video for sure!

:rawk:

• Members

Ok, I am dating myself here, but I was at that show :eek:

In fact I saw both shows that night & a few more in the nect few weeks. Still to this day, one of the best sounding, tightest bands I have ever heard. I have seen this footage before & there are a few more patrial songs. It is, like someone posted, back in 1981, we didnt have cell phones, video cameras and all the tech crap we have now. This was shot with a super 8 home movie camera. Not the best for filming concerts, but it was all we had back then. I wish we had better stuff and more recordings of Randy. He died about a month or so before Ozzy did the MTV show with Brad Gillis. That would have been epic with Randy.

Still to this day Randy had one of the best live guitar tones I have ever heard. Tribute sounds like crap compared to what I heard live.

Thanks for posting this & bringing back some great memories. :love:

• Members

Ok, I am dating myself here, but I was at that show
:eek:

In fact I saw both shows that night & a few more in the nect few weeks. Still to this day, one of the best sounding, tightest bands I have ever heard. I have seen this footage before & there are a few more patrial songs. It is, like someone posted, back in 1981, we didnt have cell phones, video cameras and all the tech crap we have now. This was shot with a super 8 home movie camera. Not the best for filming concerts, but it was all we had back then. I wish we had better stuff and more recordings of Randy. He died about a month or so before Ozzy did the MTV show with Brad Gillis. That would have been epic with Randy.

Still to this day Randy had one of the best live guitar tones I have ever heard. Tribute sounds like crap compared to what I heard live.

Thanks for posting this & bringing back some great memories.
:love:

Really bro you were at that show?

And yes they are SUPER tight, damn listen to them play, the whole band is just killing it :thu:

That plane accident was just so avoidable and silly, o well :(

• Members

Really bro you were at that show?

And yes they are SUPER tight, damn listen to them play, the whole band is just killing it
:thu:

That plane accident was just so avoidable and silly, o well
:(

Actually they played 2 shows at the Palladium that night. One early and one late. I went to both. Motorhed opened up. But I was there to see Randy and he did not disappoint. Still have the ticket stub & tour book from that show too. Went to see BOC a few weeks ago & got Rudy to sign the tourbook. Supernice guy & talked a little about Randy. If you are into books check out Rudy's book "off the Rails". It's about his time in Ozzy's band, up till the "accident". Great read & full of funny stories, as well as a very unique take on the "accident" and the aftermath.

Yeah the plane "accident" was stupidly avoidable. I now live not far from where the plane crash happened. Gotta get over there one day.

• Members

These 2 shows at the Palladium are still at the top of my list as the best shows I've ever witnessed. We went to the 1st show and were so blown away by how tight the band sounded, we climbed the fire escape & greased the palm of a bouncer who let us in for the second show. I had also caught them the week before, 4/24/81 at the Capital Theater in Passaic. Motorhead opened for them & was plagued with feedback problems, we hung in the lobby till Randy & the boys hit the stage, we were 5th row for that show, a very memorable show I might add. It was the 1st time seeing Randy live & he was truly amazing. I always hear people talk about Randy's crappy tone, his live sound was massive & powerful, these super 8's dont do it justice. Most people only hear the cd digital tone which leaves a lot to be desired (cold & harsh), but if they put the vinyl on a good stereo it's like tone heaven, a world of difference. I actually got to meet & speak w/Randy for about 30 mins at a record signing. It was right out of Spinal Tap, no one in the store but a clerk, Ozzy, Rudy & Randy & my friends & I. I mentioned I played guitar to Randy and was studying Classical guitar & he came around the counter & we discussed classical guitar pieces & techniques. He was a truly humble down to earth guy. His death is such a loss to the guitar community. Sorry for being so long winded. BTW, thanks for posting.

Archived