ON TOPIC - Using the Extention Jack connection for (2) 2x12s

Bob Vila

• Members

I know it's tough to stay on topic but.... I am picking up another genz benz 2x12. they have an extention jack so i can use a cable to connect the two cabs.

Can anyone confirm that this will run the cabs in parallel? Will my resulting impedance be 8 ohms if I go from my mark IV 8 ohm out -> 16 ohm input on first cab, first cab extention jack -> 16 ohm input on second cab???

Thanks for the help!!!! :thu:

• Members

I know it's tough to stay on topic but.... I am picking up another genz benz 2x12. they have an extention jack so i can use a cable to connect the two cabs.

Can anyone confirm that this will run the cabs in parallel? Will my resulting impedance be 8 ohms if I go from my mark IV 8 ohm out -> 16 ohm input on first cab, first cab extention jack -> 16 ohm input on second cab???

Thanks for the help!!!!
:thu:

No, the extension jack normally connects the 2 cabs in series (check with Genz-Benz if they do anything different on their cabs, but series is usually the norm).

So you should use the 8ohms out in your amp to the G-Flex 4 ohms input then daisy chain to the second cab 4ohms input.

But again, call GB and check. One way or the other, you will be able to use them together, it's just a matter of determining whether you will have to use the 4 ohms jacks (if in series) or the 16ohms jacks (if in parallel).

I am almost certain it is series though.

• Members

billy or anyone else, while you are being so helpful i got another one for you.

mesa 50/50 - one 4 ohm cab & one 8 ohm cab

can i just connect one side using the 4ohm output on the A side and then the 8ohm output on the B side of the mesa?

• Members

NO IT'S NOT THE NORM!!! Extension jacks are almost always parallel. But RTFM.

take a {censored}ing chill pill. :rolleyes:

I told him what to do in both cases and told him to check with the manufacturer. So basically you didn't contribute with {censored} for this thread. Chill the {censored} down.

• Members

take a {censored}ing chill pill.
:rolleyes:

I told him what to do in both cases and told him to check with the manufacturer. So basically you didn't contribute with {censored} for this thread. Chill the {censored} down.

I'm chill. I just wanted to make it clear that parallel is norm, not series. If you don't want to be corrected, don't give bad info.

• Members
I'm chill. I just wanted to make it clear that parallel is norm, not series. If you don't want to be corrected, don't give bad info.

Billy gave a solid disclaimer, and I def. appreciate the shared knowledge.

I am a little confused myself...I found one pdf on the g flex cab and it stated the extention cab "daisy chains" the connections (parallel). I just thought I would ask in case anyone knew for sure.

Hopefully I don't cause a series / parallel sh!tstorm... :lol:

thanks everyone for the response...I'm thinkin I should just bring my fluke home this weekend and see if it will measure the impedance (cheap DMM's fail at this).

• Members

Billy gave a solid disclaimer, and I def. appreciate the shared knowledge.

I am a little confused myself...I found one pdf on the g flex cab and it stated the extention cab "daisy chains" the connections (parallel). I just thought I would ask in case anyone knew for sure.

Hopefully I don't cause a series / parallel sh!tstorm...
:lol:

thanks everyone for the response...I'm thinkin I should just bring my fluke home this weekend and see if it will measure the impedance (cheap DMM's fail at this).

just connect the 2 cabs together and measure the resistance at the cable that should go to the amp. Whatever jacks are giving you a combined resistance of 5-7 ohms are the correct ones.

• Members
just connect the 2 cabs together and measure the resistance at the cable that should go to the amp. Whatever jacks are giving you a combined resistance of 5-7 ohms are the correct ones.

Agreed Billy, I will give this a go and report back :thu:

• Members

What a prissy little bitch lol wipe that sand off your vagina

You're the one throwing the hissy :idk:

You're normally an OK dude on here but seriously, WTF? All I did was try to be helpful and correct a statement you made and you have crawl all up in my ass over it? What did I ever do to you?

Archived