If you ever wanted to see inside Jet City's 1x12...

Mind Riot

• Members

I took the panel off my new jet city 2 x 12 cab....very impressed with the construction and quality.

I am leaving the panel off so it is a semi open back now, I think it sounds much better that way. Also those stock speakers rawk!!!!!:thu:

• Members

Mind riot im surprised you dont build your own cabs with all those mad woodworking skills

I looked into it, it's just a money pit.

Solid sheet of good quality voidless ply is $50, and that's through my friend the cabinet maker. Forget the tolex and hardwire and just buy an Eminence for it and you're already at the price of the Jet City.

The guitars are one thing. They're where precision detail work directly translates into a better quality instrument that's worth the time and effort. Unless a cab is total and complete crap, it'll probably do it's job just fine and it's hard to justify building one when JCA has these so cheap.

If I was going to get back into building something, I think I'd do a new neck for my Strat. Maybe a walnut neck, with carbon fiber neck reinforcements, honduran rosewood board, flat radius, bone nut, and stainless steel frets. Even then I'd be sinking more money into it than just buying a neck, but you don't see too many flat radius boards on Strats.

EDIT: This is so indicative of the culture of HCAF. I posted my first youtube clip of my toanz and it sank like a stone. Eight replies and five of them are me bumping. But throw a couple pics of GEAR into the mix and it's a land rush. :D

• Members

This just reaffirms my thoughts that, at least at new retail prices, Jet City cabs are the single best bang for the buck you can get. Really can't be beat in their price range, especially if the stock speakers are to your taste.

• Members

Bought a new speaker for this cab so I thought I'd take a few shots while it was opened up.

JetCityOpen.jpg
JetCityOpen2.jpg

Looks solid to me.
:thu:

Here's the back panel both sides. It's plywood rather than chip board or MDF.

JetCityBackPanel.jpg
JetCityBackPanelFlipped.jpg

The driver is held in place by four machine screws that screw into threaded inserts in the baffle. I've had four different speakers in this cab and they still tighten down nicely.

Sorry for the bad focus here, it's my new camera that I'm still getting used to. The baffle is also plywood, I don't know if you can see the plys in the cutout with this pic but they're there.

JetCityBaffle.jpg

Another bad focus one, the replacement speaker. It's a WGS Retro 30.

JetCityWGSRetro30.jpg

And here it is back in my humble little recording rig.
:)

JetCityRig.jpg

Just thought some folks might want to see the inside of one of these before buying. It looks like it's all ply construction and it seems very nicely made to me. The stock speaker, though I'm replacing it, is not bad by any stretch. Very nice little lightweight 1x12 for $130.
:thu:

Nice. I just bought one and a Jet City head today. I expect I'm gonna like it.

• Members

anyone have experience with the jetstream iso12?

kinda {censored}ing want
:love:

I've got one of the ISO cabs...used it for recording and actually live once or twice. Sounds pretty decent. Maybe a little on the congested side. Definitely keeps things fairly quiet. I found the gooseneck on the inside wouldn't support my SM57, but I rigged it up with a few cable ties and it worked fine.

Actually trying to sell it if you're interested :wave:

Archived