So i pulled the trigger on a Peavey 6505+ now i need a cab

Joeballz

• Members

After starring at confirm order button for 10 mins i clicked it. So my peavey 6505+head will be here shortly. Now i need to buy a 4x12 cab for it. Im having a hard time with this. Im so hung up on matching brands on the head & cab that it kills me to buy another brand, but i honestly don't hear much positive about Peavey's cabs. I could use some advice on which brands to check out cause i dont have much experience with half stacks this is my first one. I can get the peavey 6505 4x12 cab for 740$ out the door new at GC or it seems like the other choices like Mesa, Orange etc will run around 1000$. Let me know what you guys run and how you like em. It'll at least guide me in the right direction.

• Members

Look on craigslist, if you're set on peavey go used. Those cabs go for $200-300 all day.

Otherwise get a Mesa or Orange used on craigslist. They'll be $500-800.

Even stock marshalls are much better cabs. There you're looking at $300-500.

Whatever you decide please do not buy new. Craigslist is usually pretty well saturated with cabs, and they'll cost you hundreds less than at the store.

• Members

buy used!!!marshall 1960 cabs sound excellent with the 5150/6505 series heads...they can be had for 300-400 all day long

Two were listed on my local CL, surprise surprise [no seriously, my local CL is {censored}ty] and they wanted $500 for one, and $450 for the other. Considering the fact that the person selling is probably a kid with rich parents or they stole it, I'd feel like I got had paying more than $350.

EDIT: Btw, he may not be able to go used if his area sucks for used gear...

• Members

and they wanted $500 for one, and $450 for the other. Considering the fact that the person selling is probably a kid with rich parents or they stole it, I'd feel like I got had paying more than $350.

EDIT: Btw, he may not be able to go used if his area sucks for used gear...

My area is really crappy, but there's always 1960s floating around at reasonable prices :idk:

• Members

you should pay around 350 for a used 1960 cab in good shape all day long..offer that dude 200-250 for his and spray over the dumb {censored}..I got a used retolexed marshall modefour400 cab for $90 because they decided to paint the bands name on the grill cloth...looks dumb but it is built well and sounds fantastic

Archived