Would you make this trade? Mako for Mark IV ?

Crunchtime

• Members

Here's the trade in question - Mako Dorado head for Mesa MK IV 1x12 combo, Rev B.

I love the Mako but I have two of them and have never had a Mrak Quatro. They are both out of production. The Mako is a 2008 I am guessing the MK IV is probably 10 years old but excellent shape.

I'm thinking how many of the same amp with a lifetime warranty do I need. In fact, the other Mako needs worked on and Andrew said to just send it to him and he will fix it free. Gotta love that. :thu:

I'm not even the original owner. :thu: I actually got it in trade and it was wonky then but I don't think the guy I got it from knew so I did not mention it. I knew Mako would fix it.

Anyway, back on track. Mako for Mesa. Yes or No?

• Members

these are my favorite two amp companies, so this is a tough one.

not sure why you would need 2 dorados, but i know the build quility and sound quality is far superior to the mesa.

but having one dorado and the mrak would def give you more tonal options too.

tough one man, i would sell one dorado and get a mak4 but that is just me.

• Members

these are my favorite two amp companies, so this is a tough one.

not sure why you would need 2 dorados, but i know the build quility and sound quality is far superior to the mesa.

but having one dorado and the mrak would def give you more tonal options too.

tough one man, i would sell one dorado and get a mak4 but that is just me.

What makes you think the build quality is much better? Mesa's build quality is top notch. And sound quality is subjective... two different amps here, with different sounds. It's hard to beat a Mark IV for lead tones.

• Members

What makes you think the build quality is much better? Mesa's build quality is top notch. And sound quality is subjective... two different amps here, with different sounds. It's hard to beat a Mark IV for lead tones.

well lets see...

i have owned numerous mesas, and currently own the 50/50. i also own a mak4 and have taken it apart and seen how amazing the guts look. its flawless, the attention to detail is immaculate.

been on the forums a while and hear about many more reliability issues with mesas compared to mako. obviously more people own mesas but does mesa offer a lifetime transferable warranty though? will they stand behind their product and fix it for free regardless if you bought it used? Andrew does.

i think mesas are great, you are acting like i am putting them down when i said they were my co-favorite amp company. head to head though i think mako offers better build quility and better sound but that doesnt mean for one second i dont like mesa. it is fully subjective, you are right and that is just my opinion after owning and loving both.

• Members

Here's the trade in question - Mako Dorado head for Mesa MK IV 1x12 combo, Rev B.

I love the Mako but I have two of them and have never had a Mrak Quatro. They are both out of production. The Mako is a 2008 I am guessing the MK IV is probably 10 years old but excellent shape.

I'm thinking how many of the same amp with a lifetime warranty do I need. In fact, the other Mako needs worked on and Andrew said to just send it to him and he will fix it free. Gotta love that.
:thu:

I'm not even the original owner.
:thu:
I actually got it in trade and it was wonky then but I don't think the guy I got it from knew so I did not mention it. I knew Mako would fix it.

Anyway, back on track. Mako for Mesa. Yes or No?

No. Nope. No way. Have you lost your mind? lol Don't do it.

• Members

I have both a dorado and a mark iv. I would not trade the dorado straight up for the mark iv, especially since its an older one. If the mark iv was newer, perhaps. I think the dorado is a badass amp, but the mark iv does have its positives.

• Members

well lets see...

i have owned numerous mesas, and currently own the 50/50. i also own a mak4 and have taken it apart and seen how amazing the guts look. its flawless, the attention to detail is immaculate.

been on the forums a while and hear about many more reliability issues with mesas compared to mako. obviously more people own mesas but does mesa offer a lifetime transferable warranty though? will they stand behind their product and fix it for free regardless if you bought it used? Andrew does.

i think mesas are great, you are acting like i am putting them down when i said they were my co-favorite amp company. head to head though i think mako offers better build quility and better sound but that doesnt mean for one second i dont like mesa. it is fully subjective, you are right and that is just my opinion after owning and loving both.

Who will do warranty work if Mr. Solner dies or leaves/sells the business?

I've no doubt Mesa will still be around to service their amps after Randall Smith departs the company/mortal coil.

Archived