Did Ted Nugent really crap his pants at his draft physical to avoid going to Viet Nam

guitarcapo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO Nugent is just indicative of the problem with the bulk of our elected officials. It's not so much a party thing. It's a tendency of rich, pampered, douchebags who have never had to serve who send our kids off to fight and die for stupid reasons because the don't fully appreciate the gravity of their decisions. It's all just a video game to them because they've never been the boots on the ground. They've never sweated their asses off in body armor only to freeze their asses off a few hours later when the sun goes down.

IMO, unless you've volunteered to fight, or in the case of Vietnam been drafted and served in theater you shouldn't probably be making waves and talking up a big game. Most of our elected leadership over the last several decades haven't known {censored} about fighting. Thankfully that'll change as we've got a whole crop of combat vets so I see us going on more of an anti-war footing in the future as we get rid of the chickenhawks.

{censored} war. Unless we have people invading our borders or the borders of our allies we really don't need to be committing troops and assets.

• Members

I figure some of it is true but the bulk of it embellished for shock and awe / lullz. Worked.
:lol:

That's how Ted rolls and always did. He baits the media too. He lives how he wants to live and many disagree. He's had several versions of the getting out of the draft physical story. If any of that is true, it is hysterical.

I think the story is bull{censored} as are many of his others. What the real reason might be he avoided the draft (as much as other rockers, celebrities, and athletes, politicians, and other college kids).. they had some pretty powerful people protecting them.

OTOH, would you as a soldier want a person like any of the above fighting along side you?

Archived