Tattoo guys...

Big Hair

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a sleeve done and incorporating my current tattoos into something bigger. Does anyone know of an artist who would be able to use a photo of my arm to design the sleeve and work through some ideas?

• Members

I would just visit a tattoo artist and have a little talk about what you want and what they can do for you.

Important is to do research first. Tattoo artists go by reputation, so look around. Perhaps visit a couple. Look at their previous work

• Members

They prolly won't give you a digital copy. But they will draw up a design to show you first to make sure its what you want. Maybe I'm wrong, I've only been going to same guy for a while now so things may have changed from when I was learning.

• Members

Most tattooists I know have a very deep respect for the history of tattooing and have a very old school approach to how it is done and designed. You will be much better off going into a shop and finding an artist that you trust. He will be able to give you a very good idea of what the finished product will look like. Its very possible too that if you know youre getting a full sleeve , he will design it as one large piece and outline the entire piece in one sitting.

• Members

Most tattooists I know have a very deep respect for the history of tattooing and have a very old school approach to how it is done and designed. You will be much better off going into a shop and finding an artist that you trust. He will be able to give you a very good idea of what the finished product will look like. Its very possible too that if you know youre getting a full sleeve , he will design it as one large piece and outline the entire piece in one sitting.

Fair enough.

• Members

do your home work with something like a sleeve too, choose an artist you like the style of. if you dont see an artist that can do what you want there is a chance they may not be very proficient at said style.

Archived