Kemper Profile of my Soldano SLO 100

riffy

• Members

Agreed, sounds great. How's it *feel* playing through that? Seems like that would be the real line of demarcation.

On an unrelated note, since I didn't realize you had an SLO... :o ... If I had an extra $4K lyin' around that I just didn't need, you think the SLO would work for my style & tunes? :idk:

(Hey, it's late & I'm getting ready to head off to dreamland :lol: )

• Members

Sounds great.

I couldn't tell you if it sounded like a real amp (due to delay and other instruments in the mix)

But it sounded good and that's all that matters.

Thank you Neil! I do understand what you are saying totally!

Gary

• Members

Agreed, sounds great. How's it *feel* playing through that? Seems like that would be the real line of demarcation.

On an unrelated note, since I didn't realize you had an SLO...
:o
... If I had an extra $4K lyin' around that I just didn't need, you think the SLO would work for my style & tunes?
:idk:

(Hey, it's late & I'm getting ready to head off to dreamland
:lol:
)

Hey Chris,

I have had an SLO for a while now... I replaced the Bog Exstacy with the SLO... I liked the XTC, I just didn't love it, but have always loved the SLO...

Yes, one would be perfect for what you play, and the way you play. You can get 'em a LOT cheaper than 4 grand though... If you have a mind to look for one... I can usually find pretty darned good deals on 'em!

Gary

• Members

I had never even heard of those. The new POD?

I wouldn't call it the 'new' POD by any means... The POD completely revolutionized the guitar world.

The Kemper hasn't yet... Although, I find it a hundred million parsecs better than the POD.

Gary

• Members

Hey Chris,

I have had an SLO for a while now... I replaced the Bog Exstacy with the SLO... I liked the XTC, I just didn't love it, but have always loved the SLO...

Yes, one would be perfect for what you play, and the way you play. You can get 'em a LOT cheaper than 4 grand though... If you have a mind to look for one... I can usually find pretty darned good deals on 'em!

Gary

Dammit, I 'uz a-feared you 'uz gonna say that! :lol:

It's one of my "Oh yes, one day..." amps, for sure.

• Members

Thanks for posting that... but

I'm not hearing anything special. That toneage could very well have been a free amp sim.

How about stepping out of the box and do another totally different clip where the actual tone is showcased. IMO, one thing that's often missing with the modeler clips I hear is the gtr/amp interaction. Possibly fewer notes and more note/tone finesse.

• Members

Jeez, Gary, I've never heard you post anything that DIDN'T sound great, but that's pretty freaking nice. The lead tone had a sort of roundness or something that really worked.

Thanks bro! I am truly digging the Kemper for sure... It did capture that LOT of mids, bass and reduced treble and presence sound of my SLO wonderfully!

Gary

Archived