Need help - can't retube my Mesa Roadster combo:

Apoc

• Members

Hello All,

I am unable to remove the chassis of my Mesa Roadster combo from the cabinet because there are two wires (one black, one white) that connect it to the reverb tank which is attached the speaker enclosure. The black wire has an RCA end on it and I was able to unplug it easily from the chassis, but the white one does not have an RCA end on it. I called Mesa and they assured me that the white one can be unplugged the same way and is has an RCA end even though it doesn't look the same. They told me to just unplug it. I've tried to the point that it physically hurts the skin on my fingers, so I don't know what's wrong; it just won't come off!

Here are some pics. One is from underneath where you can see the RCA plug and the white non-RCA-looking plug attached to the chassis. The other is of the same but from the other side of the chassis (top) so you can see to what each is connected.

Mesa is closed on weekends and I've been itching to replace some microphonic preamp tubes, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Any particular angle? It goes into the chassis beyond the black metal exterior so I can't really get a screwdriver in there... I'm trying to find something small enough to fit into the little slots of the silvery metal of the plug itself. Hmmm...

Archived