Fuzz Content - So, Did Anyone Else Order The...

jimSG

• Members

...Blackout Effectors Seriously Special Twosome from PGS yesterday? I couldn't resist even though I already have an earlier version of that pedal. I received the email at 11:56 and had it ordered by 12:49. I tried to talk myself out of buying it but I failed...

I bought my original version after reading .homewrecker. post about it and I have been very happy with it if I use it as a pair of individual pedals -- my only quibble with it has been that it is hard to use as a two channel fuzz that you can switch on the fly. It's kind of hard to get the levels right between the two "sides", if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I'm hoping the newer version addresses that issue but I'm a fuzz junky and that's all just a flimsy excuse for a buying a new fuzz.

http://proguitarshop.com/blackout-effectors-seriously-special-twosome.html

• Members

I don't want to be the only weak-willed HCAF scum-denizen so I'll bump this for a cool pedal. Plus I'm loopy from spending most of the last hour in my attic pulling cable and its freaking hot and humid here in central FL right now. Taking a break to hydrate (and surf HCAF, of course).

There's something about PGS gear demos that cast some sort of gear whoring spell on me...

• Members

That was probably one of my favourite fuzz demos Andy has done to date. I was going to make a thread about it cause I think someone was looking for a Black Keys tone and that one really seemed to nail it.

The original covers all kinds of territory and I'm sure I can coax a Black Keys tone from it -- it is that flexible. Like I said, my only complaint is that it really is two separate pedals in one. I'm hoping the newer version is more balanced that way -- and I'm basing my flimsy hopes solely on the fact that the pedal "sides" can be chained now so maybe that in some way resulted in a better balance between the two "sides".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived