Talk to me about Denver. Leaving tomorrow.

LoopQuantum

• Members

pretty sure the beer flows like wine and the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

Oh crap... don't get me started on DD quotes.

LadyLoop won't even watch that movie with me, because I quote the entire damn thing. :lol:

Besides, we're not going to Asssssssspen.

• Members

Denver is ripe with delicious restaurants. As mentioned earlier, if there's any shows going on Red Rocks during your stay that you'd want to see, I HIGHLY recommend going. RR is one of the greatest venues in the world. Elitche's is fun if you like theme parks, a bit pricey though. I'd also recommend trying to make a visit to Boulder, and if you have some time to go into the mountains more, Estes Park is cool. And if your interested in checking out any guitar shops, Drum City Guitar Land and Wildwood Guitars are the two I'd recommend

Colorado is badass :love:

• Members

Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak........all closed due to fire. You could still punch Elway or Manning.

If you like Mexican(and who doesn't?) my favorite is Blue Bonnet. It's off of LincolnBroadway. Every time I go to Denver I try and get me some. Really a {censored} load of great places to eat. The travel channel has showcased quite a few.

Some of the hole in the wall places are my favorite though. Rico's is another off Broadway, he does great Italian. Freaking small ass place.

Another vote for the Blue Bonnet! Great food. Maybe take a drive up 285 towards Conifer/ Bailey. Also, if you go to Red Rocks, you will get some hiking in. Have a good visit. jp

• Members

16th St Mall is the main commercial drag downtown. Lots of shops/restaurants/etc. If there's a show in town you're interested in, I highly recommend going. Denver has some fantastic venues (Fillmore, Ogden, Gothic, Bluebird are all great). There's a Brazilian steakhouse out near the airport called Texas de Brazil that my wife and I like going to. It's like $50 each, but it's an all you can eat meat (good stuff, like filet mignon and ahi tuna) and is a really cool experience if you've never been to anything like that. There's also two downtown that are similar (Fogo de Chao and Rodizio's).

• Members

Oh crap... don't get me started on DD quotes.

LadyLoop won't even watch that movie with me, because I quote the entire damn thing.
:lol:

Besides, we're not going to Asssssssspen.

You know Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this

• Members

16th St Mall is the main commercial drag downtown. Lots of shops/restaurants/etc. If there's a show in town you're interested in, I highly recommend going. Denver has some fantastic venues (Fillmore, Ogden, Gothic, Bluebird are all great). There's a Brazilian steakhouse out near the airport called Texas de Brazil that my wife and I like going to. It's like $50 each, but it's an all you can eat meat (good stuff, like filet mignon and ahi tuna) and is a really cool experience if you've never been to anything like that. There's also two downtown that are similar (Fogo de Chao and Rodizio's).

Good tip on the venues!

I've been to Tejas de Brazil in Orlando, and Fogo de Chao in Indianapolis. Good times. My #1 rule when traveling these days, though, is to eat at places unique to the city whenever possible. :thu:

• Members

If you want to get a little swanky- Go to The Fort Restaurant on 285 in Morrison. Get your wife some Rocky Mountain oysters. Then tell her what they are
:lol:

We've had em lol. I am a food adventurist. :lol:

But yes, I am all about swanky restaurants. Airfare, lodging, and transportation are all handled for this trip, so I can blow big money on food if the place is legit. :thu:

• Members

Totally agree! We're the same way, and basically spend our entire vacations eating at different local dives. In that case, there's also a cool place downtown called Vesta. It's basically a dipping grill, where you buy a plate and get a whole bunch of different dipping sauces to go with the entree. It's a great place to spend a few hours. For dessert, definitely check out D Bar. It's tiny, but well worth the wait!

Good tip on the venues!

I've been to Tejas de Brazil in Orlando, and Fogo de Chao in Indianapolis. Good times. My #1 rule when traveling these days, though, is to eat at places unique to the city whenever possible.
:thu:

• Members

Was in Denver last summer. Great place.

We didn't get a chance to go to as many good restaurants as we wanted to, but there were a couple high points. Oddly enough, one of my favourite places was the Hard Rock restaurant. They had a bison burger there that had mashed potatoes and gravy on it. Sounds weird, but it was effing amazing. Genius.

Had pan seared Ahi tuna at the somewhat generic Yard House that you can find almost anywhere, but it was very well done, and they always have tons of beers.

A low point was going to Pete's Kitchen. We were told it was supposed to be an amazing classic American diner but the food sucked.

I love Red Rocks so hard. The best live venue I've ever been to. We saw 311 and Incubus there on back to back nights. It was so cool, it was almost surreal. The park there is well worth exploring too.

Denver zoo is cool if that's up your alley. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is okay, not worth the price of admission imho. The aquarium is pretty nifty.

All in all, such a cool city. I love it.

• Members

Was in Denver last summer. Great place.

We didn't get a chance to go to as many good restaurants as we wanted to, but there were a couple high points. Oddly enough, one of my favourite places was the Hard Rock restaurant. They had a bison burger there that had mashed potatoes and gravy on it. Sounds weird, but it was effing amazing. Genius.

Had pan seared Ahi tuna at the somewhat generic Yard House that you can find almost anywhere, but it was very well done, and they always have tons of beers.

A low point was going to Pete's Kitchen. We were told it was supposed to be an amazing classic American diner but the food sucked.

I love Red Rocks so hard. The best live venue I've ever been to. We saw 311 and Incubus there on back to back nights. It was so cool, it was almost surreal. The park there is well worth exploring too.

Denver zoo is cool if that's up your alley. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is okay, not worth the price of admission imho. The aquarium is pretty nifty.

All in all, such a cool city. I love it.

You went to the Yard House, and ordered the wrong thing.

Yard House is a chain, too, BTW. I've eaten at the one in Houston. Surf n Turf burger (Bison, lobster, and asparagus burger) and a Youngs chocolate beer float. :thu:

• Members

I was just down there a couple of weeks ago with a friend. Damn we had a blast:

-Go to a Rockies game....we sat in the cheap seats ($15), up in right field. Went to Wynkoop Brewing Company before & afterward...drank...ate....played pool.
-Toured Breweries....lots of them. We started off in Ft Collins (hit up 3 of them there), Boulder, Golden, & Denver. Lot's of sampling, bought some growlers/glasses in them.
-Coors Brewery Tour, in Golden.
-RED ROCKS!!! We saw Tesla/Scorpions. That place is friggin' awesome. We went up earlier in the day before the concert, hiked around.
-There is a cool sports bar on the hill at the edge of Golden, on the way to Red Rocks.... called Wrigleys....best burgers ever!!
-Don't bother with Coyote Ugly (16th street mall)....lame.....couldn't even get a beer there!
-Ton's of restaurants.

• Members
You went to the Yard House, and ordered the wrong thing.

Yard House is a chain, too, BTW. I've eaten at the one in Houston. Surf n Turf burger (Bison, lobster, and asparagus burger) and a Youngs chocolate beer float.
:thu:

It is indeed a chain, which is what I meant by "generic" .... they're probably in 20 states or more.

That burger sounds sweet though. :thu:

Archived