How do I install an XLR direct out on 412 cab

LBOIV001

• Members

I own a Peavey JSX Joe Satriani head and 2 cabs...an Avatar 412 w/ Hellatone 30's and 60's, and a stock Hughes and Kettner with the rhino body and metal grille. I would like to get the JSX 412 cab, but can't afford it----it would seem senseless to spend that kind of money for a brand new cab and a road case to protect it just for the benefit of the XLR direct out feature. Yes, the custom JSX speakers sound awesome, but I already have some fairly awesome sounding Hellatones in the Avatar that I can put in the roadworthy, scratchproof H+K body. The kicker is that I don't know anything about wiring a direct out to a cab. Any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated, even if you are just directing me where to go.

Thanx in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Any of the direct boxes (ART, Behringer) could work for this, get one which can take amp outputs (watts+) and not just tiny instrument signals. Proco has one and Radial ($$) but an ART unit is ~$30, see MF

If you wanted to play through the Cab and the XLR at the same time you might need an L pad (50-100 watts) to balance the two, parts express has these

Archived