What do you think about stacked humbuckers?

cacheek

• Members

you mean a single coil sized humbucker where the coils are side by side (JB Jr) or a stacked single coil humbucker where the coils are "stacked" on top of each other? They're both quite different i've found.

Side by side tends to give a slightly more true humbucker sound, although i've always found them a little brighter and more compressed than a full sized humbucker. The "Stacked" option tends to be voiced more towards the single coil sound, but with a bit more output and of course hum cancelling.

• Members

They're more focused sounding since they cover less string space.

This and that. I used a DiMarzio Fast Track 2 (their equivalent to the SD Hot Rails) in the bridge position of my old Strat for several years before moving to full-sized humbuckers. {censored} was scorching.

• Members

you mean a single coil sized humbucker where the coils are side by side (JB Jr) or a stacked single coil humbucker where the coils are "stacked" on top of each other? They're both quite different i've found.

Side by side tends to give a slightly more true humbucker sound, although i've always found them a little brighter and more compressed than a full sized humbucker. The "Stacked" option tends to be voiced more towards the single coil sound, but with a bit more output and of course hum cancelling.

Single-coil sized humbucker.

Archived