Anyone know the wrench size to replace Fender tuning keys?

SnowStorm

• Members

I want to replace the tuning keys on my MIA Strat. I have Fender locking tuners I want to put on. I used to have a tool that had multiple wrench sizes but now I can't find it and also can't find it in the hardware store. I think I might just have to buy a single wrench to change out the tuners. Anyone know the size of wrench needed? Thanks.

• Members

Dude, you have no tools? Forgive me but, that is so weird to me. I'm kind of a tool junkie and love my tool collection. I'll buy a tool just because I could possibly maybe need it some day. Go buy a couple wrench sets, one standard and one metric. Also get a socket set, hammer, Channel-locks, cordless drill, and some screwdrivers. That's the bare bone basics.

Also, tools will always be worth something, material and sentimental for me. I look at my tools and think of past jobs I've used them on. I dread the day my Dad passes but, when I take over his tools they will probably be my most cherished possessions

• Members

Dude, you have no tools? Forgive me but, that is so weird to me. I'm kind of a tool junkie and love my tool collection. I'll buy a tool just because I could possibly maybe need it some day. Go buy a couple wrench sets, one standard and one metric. Also get a socket set, hammer, Channel-locks, cordless drill, and some screwdrivers. That's the bare bone basics.

Also, tools will always be worth something, material and sentimental for me. I look at my tools and think of past jobs I've used them on. I dread the day my Dad passes but, when I take over his tools they will probably be my most cherished possessions

I can't go to OSH without walking out having spent $100. It's a freaking sickness.

Last time I was there I got 3 maglite LED flashlights. One keychain sized, one cigar sized for setting up at gigs, and a state trooper sized one for the apartment (doubles as a zombie club).

• Members

If you have a RC hobby store these wrenches are great. Works on tuners and control knobs.

webIMG_0553.jpg

This is exactly what I used to have but it was smaller. It worked great on my guitars. I would use pliers but I want to be kind of delicate.

• Members

I can't go to OSH without walking out having spent $100. It's a freaking sickness.

Last time I was there I got 3 maglite LED flashlights. One keychain sized, one cigar sized for setting up at gigs, and a state trooper sized one for the apartment (doubles as a zombie club).

LOL. I have to have a flashlight in every room. Nobody was laughing the other night when the power went out and I knew exactly where the nearest flashlight was. Turned on flashlight and went to my candle stash.

Archived