Peavey V-types

Nick H

• Members

They look really cool. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they play well, sound well, reliable, etc.? I might be interested in picking one up. I play mostly Jacksons, so Im wondering if a V-type would be a good fit for me. And also, whats a good price on one?

peavey-v-q.jpg

• Members

I've never played one, but a buddy of mine had one and loved it. He said that it was easily the nicest playing and most reliable guitar he'd ever had. Sadly, his ex sold it (along with most of his guns) as they were going through the divorce. (she's still alive, amazingly enough)

• Members

I've never played one, but a buddy of mine had one and loved it. He said that it was easily the nicest playing and most reliable guitar he'd ever had. Sadly, his ex sold it (along with most of his guns) as they were going through the divorce. (she's still alive, amazingly enough)

The new version, or the old Vandenburg model from the 80s?

The going rate for these seems to be under $200 :eek:

• Members

I've played a few; I like them! I don't like all the damn abalone though
:mad:

meh, its ok to me, I would rather have that than the guitar a total solid color. But Id also rather have a plain transparent finish on the thing instead.

• Members

Great guitars, I'd love to have a few myself! Look at the Rotor too, which was similar in neck shape and options but with an explorer body. They were in the same "vein" of shredder type guitars Peavey was putting out at the time years ago. The V-Type and Rotor Limited NTB models like you see above with the V-Type with the abalone and neck thru body are very underrated guitars, they won't be easy to find I'm afraid as they were relatively cheap for a neckthru and are very high quality for a (I believe they are) korean made guitar. The EXP models had slightly different finishes and options, minus the abalone of course and are all bolt-on necked guitars.

• Members

On the contrary, they still hold value well, since they weren't all that expensive to begin with and are out of production.

Just because you don't like them Dan doesn't equate that they are worthless.

They're great guitars, but obviously not for you... So buzz off from the thread already if don't like them. :cop:

• Members

I had a solid color, bolt on, no abalone version for several years. Ended up almost giving it away :mad: Not worth much....

But, it was a pretty cool guitar. Good quality for the cash, and it had the tiniest neck ever. 24.75" scale, narrow width, and thinnish. It just seemed tiny compared to most guitars/necks...

Archived