Boss GT-8 users past or present

primeholy

• Members

I used to use one 4CM with my Mark III and it worked fine. Used the Mark III for the lead channel and then bypassed the pre and used the GT-8 for other sounds. Also used some typical short low-passed delays for leads, some TS type boosts, EQs, wah, etc. Not much a mod FX user, and I'm generally pretty easily pleased with delay sounds. I don't use big crazy delay FX or anything, just something subtle in the background. Don't even remember if it had a looper.

Overall I liked it. It sounded like rubbish direct, but through a tube power section and cab it sounded pretty damn nice. After I got rid of the Mark III, I used it straight into a Peavey 60/60 and usually a 1960A (sometimes an ENGL vertical 2x12). Was a lot easier than lugging around the big rack set up. Certainly some of the amp sounds in there were utterly useless IMO, but I'd found a few that I could get pretty damn good sounds out of with some tweaking. Also, the flexibility in assigning parameters to switches and the exp pedal is very handy. I used an extra two button switch with mine, so I could have more switchable stuff going on within each patch.

Archived