CL funny - can't believe this hasn't sold

mamberg

• Members

POS Crate 4X12 Cabinet - $50 (Audubon, PA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2012-07-16, 11:26PM EDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your consideration is one (1) fabulously {censored}ty Crate cabinet. This cabinet is obviously superior to whatever you are currently playing through (provided you are the sole member of a teenage Norwegian black metal band, stuck in a rift in the space-time continuum circa the date of manufacture of the cabinet in question, ) Just ask my dad. 20 years ago he drove me to some {censored}stain, NJ music shop so I could purchase a beat up JCM 800 half stack that had been advertised in Trading Times. Upon visual inspection, Pops was not impressed w/ the Marshall. Instead, a mammoth 60 watt tower of power, just beyond the dusty, and torn remnants of what most likely could have been, caught his eye...and mine. There stood the eight 12 inch speakers that would define my high school garage band career, capped off in solid state style. The rest as they say, is cliche. Well high school has come and gone, as has the head and slanted twin this cab once so mightily supported. Honestly, I'm not sure how or why she is still with us after all the years of abuse and disuse, but it is now time to move on. I had considered something like a viking funeral, but then thought the better of it. Perhaps some struggling young lad or lass could really use a big ass cabinet to impress friends and annoy parents. Looking for an inexpensive speaker cab project? Look no further. Maybe you actually are in a {censored}ty black metal band. Maybe I can get a case of beer out of this. Whatever your position, don't pass up this opportunity to own a part of history (unless you want a fully functional, well made cabinet that sounds and looks good.)

Here are the specs:

Crate GS 412S Stereo Cabinet

No idea what speakers are in there but most of them blow/are blown anyway

80 watt max, 40 per side

8 ohms in stereo, switch selectable 16 or 4 ohms in mono

Looks/is {censored}ty/cool/vintage/cheap, kinda/definitely sounds that way too.

5I45V35K33M23F23J5c7g15e37059b70219b5.jp

LINK

• Members

I had the straight version of that cab.

Decent speakers, and 20 minutes tightening screws & some foam between the baffle brace & rear panel =GREAT sleeper cabinet. (if it's the plywood version) . Well worth 50 bucks if a man needed a cab on the cheap.

Archived