RANDALL RT503H ? Would?

Crunchtime

• Members

Just saw this 50 watt Randall 3 channel tube amp at MF for $278! Could not resist. I was a bit worried about reliability but the 2 yr warranty that includes free shipping and lemon protection only brought it to $309. WTF, Why not ?

Any jam on this amp? I know Doomsday had some issues that were eventually resolved but for the price I caved.

• Members

Yes $278.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/randall-rt-series-rt503h-50w-tube-guitar-amp-head

They also have the matching cabs with Celestion Greenbacks. The 2x12 is $199 and the 4x12 is $299! {censored} those speakers cost $125 each! I was forced to buy the amp so I wouldn't buy another cab I don't need. :cry:

{censored}ing First World problems.

• Members

I really love that it has external bias points! Major {censored}ing coolness!

{censored}, the tubes would cost $100.

btw, can you still order it with either 6l6 or el34s? I heard somewhere you could do that. I much prefer the el34s.

• Members

btw, can you still order it with either 6l6 or el34s? I heard somewhere you could do that. I much prefer the el34s.

I don't think so. Just order some 34's. A pair is pretty cheap. My fave, Ruby BSTR's are like $40 a set but you can get a set of JJ for like 30.

http://valvequeen.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

• Members

I don't think so. Just order some 34's. A pair is pretty cheap. My fave, Ruby BSTR's are like $40 a set but you can get a set of JJ for like 30.

Comes with Ruby 6L6's. I'd buy another, and just might!

Archived