Newegg.. aggravated

HKSblade1

• Members

I'm calling bs. Either you didn't talk to them, didn't tell them it was doa or it wasn't actually doa. I've spent tens of thousands with that company. I know their policies.

Shut the {censored} up.

• Members

Shut the {censored} up.

Oh look...it's the little dingleberry turd that's been hanging off my ass. Can't seem to get rid of you, can I? Regardless of whether you want to act like I'm a know it all, I know very well what I'm talking about here. I've dealt with Newegg personally and in business for over a decade. Something isn't right about what the OP is saying. You're free to believe what you want.

• Members

Oh look...it's the little dingleberry turd that's been hanging off my ass. Can't seem to get rid of you, can I? Regardless of whether you want to act like I'm a know it all, I know very well what I'm talking about here. I've dealt with Newegg personally and in business for over a decade. Something isn't right about what the OP is saying. You're free to believe what you want.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

• Members

From the Newegg website:

Does Newegg.com pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?

No, Newegg.com does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg.com, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg.com will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle.

• Members

I'm calling bs. Either you didn't talk to them, didn't tell them it was doa or it wasn't actually doa. I've spent tens of thousands with that company. I know their policies.

I did call them. Item WAS DOA out of the box. My old 8500 card worked fine. I recently sent them an email. I asked them to credit the return shipping.

I don't get all nasty like other people do. I work in service and understand certain policies. I don't like when customers get all pissy about petty {censored}. Things happen.

My bad in a lot of ways for not reading the policies before ordering. Less than $15 in shipping won't kill me, but I just thought the policy was pretty bogus. The guy said I could go through the actual mfg and get a new item shipped for free if I didn't like their policy.

Seems more internet companies are doing this. I read Tiger Direct has a similar new policy. Return shipping is customer's responsibility. Just like Newegg, you go from your acct, get the RMA and it tells you to pay the UPS return shipping.

I've spend thousands there too. Maybe after the emall I sent them, they'll credit me.. if they don't, if it's in stock locally I'll shop elsewhere.

I just dropped it off at the UPS store. I'll wait the {censored}ty 5 days for them to get it, then the other 5-8 business days to process my return.

What aggravates me more than the shipping fee is the fact I have to wait almost two weeks to get a replacement item. According to the rep.. that's the time required to process a return. IMO, once they issued the RMA, and I provided tracking, they should just send a replacement. That's not how it works though.

• Members

What aggravates me more than the shipping fee is the fact I have to wait almost two weeks to get a replacement item. According to the rep.. that's the time required to process a return. IMO, once they issued the RMA, and I provided tracking, they should just send a replacement. That's not how it works though.

why dont you just order a new one, and return the old one?

• Members

I did call them. Item WAS DOA out of the box. My old 8500 card worked fine. I recently sent them an email. I asked them to credit the return shipping.

Not sure what to say then. They do post on their website that buyer pays return shipping, but as I said they always pay it if you call or email. They've done it many times for me and if you do a google search it seems that they've done it for every other person that has asked. I have no idea why they would single you out. IMO it would be worth calling back and speaking to another rep.

Archived