Anyone Ever Try EHX Power Tubes?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

I don't like the EH EL34. IME, wimpy sounding tubes. Yeah they sound warm but compared to something like the Ruby EL34BSTR and the =C= EL34, they don't stand a chance.

Hmmm, I've tried the Mesas, Tung Sol EL34B's, and JJ E34L's.

I just use my amps clean and pedals for dirt. Really I don't need much low end because I'm lead, and our rhythm player has a Triple Rec and the slant baffle/straight cabinet recto cab, so my sonic territory is definitely high mids... if this info helps.

Compared to what I've tried and this info, you think I'll like em?

• Members

Hmmm, I've tried the Mesas, Tung Sol EL34B's, and JJ E34L's.

I just use my amps clean and pedals for dirt. Really I don't need much low end because I'm lead, and our rhythm player has a Triple Rec and the slant baffle/straight cabinet recto cab, so my sonic territory is definitely high mids... if this info helps.

Compared to what I've tried and this info, you think I'll like em?

It's not about the low-end. The ruby's sound more dynamic and in your face. The low end is tighter and more focused than with the EH.

The Stiletto is Mesa's answer to a Marshall right? If you can drop the coin, get a quad of =C= EL34's. The best current production 34's for Marshalls IF you're willing to pay the 160 bucks for a quad.

Archived