F-1 car sings national anthem

Gary Cohn

• Members

I think another team did this like 5 years ago.

Maybe Renault?

I remember seeing others do it, maybe McLaren. I think probably most of the teams have pissed about with stuff like this at some point, even if just for {censored}s 'n' giggles.

Except for perhaps HRT, because their janitors/"engineers" haven't figured out how to yet. :o

• Members

Monaco's my fave track and Webber (I'm Aussie) has won it twice now, the only Aussie to ever do so.

Just seeing them in person at all is something to behold. Especially if there is fast corners, 250km/h plus corners etc. With all of the aero downforce.

For the engine sound, the engine regs are changing soon so not much time left to hear these V8's at 18000rpm much longer.

• Members

Monaco's my fave track and Webber (I'm Aussie) has won it twice now, the only Aussie to ever do so.

Just seeing them in person at all is something to behold. Especially if there is fast corners, 250km/h plus corners etc. With all of the aero downforce.

For the engine sound, the engine regs are changing soon so not much time left to hear these V8's at 18000rpm much longer.

It's good to see Webber right up near the top this year. Hopefully he'll be able to deliver in the 2nd half of a season and have a proper shot at the title. Would be great if he could finally take the championship, given he's probably not far from retiring. Although with no one at Toro Rosso standing out at the moment, there doesn't appear to be anyone pushing him out of his seat yet.

Not too bothered about the engine sound changing. It's changed plenty of times over the years, and while I like the current sound, the new turbo sound will just be another era. It'll still sound crazy, but different. Smaller engines, lower rev limit, turbo whine. :idk: What I don't like is that the engine regs appear to be a tad bull{censored}. Apparently they'll have less engines to work with per season, and that'll only get tighter in the seasons following. They've had however many years to get these V8s lasting like they do through the season. They're expecting new turbo'd designs to right off the bat be more durable than the V8s? Too much at once. I predict a lot of engine problems in 2014. :idk:

• Members

I don't keep up with F1 , love le mans though.

If you found years gone by boring due to the lack of overtaking and the dominance of certain teams/drivers and whatnot... this year has been completely different. Most competitive season of F1 for a long time, with freak performances like Grosjean and Perez at Canada making their way through the pack on one stop strategies to take 2nd and 3rd, nearly catching Hamilton who'd run an extra set of tyres. Or Kimi's freak pace at the last race in the middle stint, putting him and Grosjean uncomfortably (certainly for the team boss) side by side at the first corner after Kimi's stop, fighting for 2nd and 3rd. Or Webber's fantastic performance at Silverstone, and the great battle and overtake on Alonso. Or Vettel {censored}ting all over everyone at Valencia until his alternator failed... and then Grosjean looking to be in a position to take the lead and win had the same problem, leaving Alonso to take the home win. Or Perez in the Sauber getting soooo {censored}ing close to being able to take Alonso at Malaysia only to run slightly wide on to the wet kerb at turn 14 near the end of the race. And then still fighting back to finish in 2nd only 2 seconds behind. Or Silverstone pretty much being turned into a lake in qualifying. Or Maldonado's seemingly bat{censored} crazy "My way or you {censored}ing die :mad:" style of driving. :lol:

Has been a crazy season so far. :)

Archived