Vox AC4TV...

Ovid9

• Members

So, I apparently have money I don't need to spend burning a hole in my pocket.

A local dude is selling a white tolex one of these for $100. Its pretty much just an EL84, a 12AX7 and 3 knobs....

Does it sound Voxy at all? I mean, I'm no good, but if I could get even a mediocre approximation of cranked AC30 at lower volumes for $100, that would be worth it to me.

What say you HCAF?

• Members

I would for $100.

This is my thought too. I should probably go listen to some vids to see if I like what I hear. *Will hear 20 different awesome guitarists getting sweet toans from it. Will never replicate one of them* :lol:

• Members

Email sent. :o

If he's like 3/4 of the people I email about gear they won't respond, then repost the gear I emailed about a week later...its weird. *Stares at the VH-140c ad he sent 2 emails too weeks ago* Oh well. :lol:

• Members
I have the Mini version and like it quite a bit but wish for something better than the 6.5 inch speaker, what version are you getting?

DOH! Thank you for this post!

I did not realize there was an AC4TV & AC4TV mini. This is the mini model. (Dude had it clearly marked in the ad, wasn't aware enough last night to realize that meant it was a different model and not just a "mini" amp.

I was thinking this had the 10" speaker, but no, its the little bitty 6.5". Does it still have a 16ohm out option? *Realizes he doesn't have any 16 ohm cabs*

Well {censored}. Haven't heard back from the dude yet, but now....dammit. Reading fail on me. :facepalm:

• Members
DOH! Thank you for this post!

I did not realize there was an AC4TV & AC4TV mini. This is the mini model. (Dude had it clearly marked in the ad, wasn't aware enough last night to realize that meant it was a different model and not just a "mini" amp.

I was thinking this had the 10" speaker, but no, its the little bitty 6.5". Does it still have a 16ohm out option? *Realizes he doesn't have any 16 ohm cabs*

Well {censored}. Haven't heard back from the dude yet, but now....dammit. Reading fail on me.
:facepalm:

Yeah 16 ohm only. Supposedly its ok to use an 8 ohm cab as long as you dont use the attenuator, i.e only on 4 watts, and i have on a couple of occasions.

I like mine but man do i wish they made another 16ohm 6.5 inch speaker.

Archived