Vox AC15 [B]2X12[/B] or AC30? Help me Blow some cash.

wanderoo222

• Members

The Vox AC15
2X12
has the same reverb tank and greenbacks as the AC30c2. I'm just thinking the AC30 may be more wattage than I need. I play at home but I do like to crank my amps at times. But will the 30 sound as good as the 15 at lower volumes?

both are loud. they are voiced a bit differently though. the ac15 sounds best cranked up. witht the ac30 youll get a little more cleanish headroom.

• Members

I have been trying to post a reply for about five minutes now but the HCAF web site is so damned screwed up that I have been waiting all that time as it finished logging me in.

Anyway, I just wanted to second "ruppert240's" point that the AC15 and AC30 are rather different. The AC15 isn't just a half wattage AC30 -- it is pretty different. I'm an AC30 fan and it would seem that the AC15 would be a slam dunk favorite for me too, but that is not the case. I just can't get on with the AC15 after years with the AC30. I have an AC15 that is just collecting dust because, for me, it just doesn't cut it.

• Members

In my opinion the 30 will sound better than the 15 at all volumes, because I like a bit of clean headroom and a little more bass. If your definition of "better" is "more distorted at lower volume" then the 15 probably wins, but the thing with vox amps is the distortion tends to sound reedy and not so great until the power amp is giving it some too. Which even on the 15 is gonna be loud.

I think you've got to try them both yourself and decide.

Archived