NGD! Yamaha content...

colejustesen

• Members

I got my Yamaha Pacifica 912 yesterday and it is awesome! The neck is so comfortable and the action is very low. It has Dimarzio pickups and it plays effortlessly.

The previous owner left it in pretty nasty condition, but with some elbow grease I got it looking pretty sharp. The only things I need to purchase is a new tremolo arm. I have already ordered stainless steel saddles and strap locks.

Also, the tuning machines remind me a lot of the Gotoh magnum tuning machines. There is no need for an upgrade here.

I will post some pictures tonight when I get to use my laptop and not my smart phone...

Cole

• Members

So for anyone who cares, I contacted DiMarzio about the stock pickups and this was their response...

Sorry, but our information on these pickups is limited. The bridge pickup was somewhat similar to a PAF Pro. The other 2 pickups are similar to an HS-2, with the middle pickup being reverse-polarity.

I had asked if these pickups were a specific model or not. I also asked that if they weren't what model they were closest to and what their specs were.

This guitar really is quite amazing. I highly recommend you guys check one out if you dig flatter necks and Strat bodies and tone!

Cole

Archived