recording streaming audio with software?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

say i have some tracks on a website, which doesnt have a download option, and i dont have the original recordings anymore. any free software that can recording the streaming files?

sorry, pc noob. ive alreyd emailed the host, so hopefully i can recover the files that way. but just curious.

• Members

right click your 'speaker' icon in the task bar. click 'recording devices'. you should have the option to choose either your microphone input or your Stereo Mix aka whatever comes into the sound card. click 'Stereo Mix' and set it as default. play back said streaming audio while recording with sound recorder (with quality set as high as it'll go) and set the level of the Stereo Mix so that the recording doesnt clip. voila, you now have captured streaming audio with your computer.

• Members

right click your 'speaker' icon in the task bar. click 'recording devices'. you should have the option to choose either your microphone input or your Stereo Mix aka whatever comes into the sound card. click 'Stereo Mix' and set it as default. play back said streaming audio while recording with sound recorder (with quality set as high as it'll go) and set the level of the Stereo Mix so that the recording doesnt clip. voila, you now have captured streaming audio with your computer.

:lol:

Windows 95 style!

• Members

:thu:

Archived