Charvel question - to buy or not to buy

Miter Gauge

• Members

IIRC...that is one of the cheapest Charvels...and don't think it's Japan. No "made in_____"

It's also imho....the most NOT Charvel Charvel you could find.

200 seems a bit high. You'd need to play it first...and if you like it....150.

my ever-humble opinion. :)

• Members

I used to have a Charvel CX, but mine was a HSH with a floyd and looked way nicer than this one, I think I paid about $200 for it, it was years ago. It is MIJ and it's a decent guitar, but nothing special. $200 is fine, I guess.

Hmmm could be. There were several CX model numbers :idk:

I'd still have to see a "made In Japan" SOMEwhere.

• Members

IIRC...that is one of the cheapest Charvels...and don't think it's Japan. No "made in_____"

It's also imho....the most NOT Charvel Charvel you could find.

200 seems a bit high. You'd need to play it first...and if you like it....150.

my ever-humble opinion.
:)

Do you know were the the CX models were made?

• Members

Again, I had a guitar from this series, it is made in Japan, I bought it NOS and it came with a MIJ sticker in the back of the neck, just like the MIJ Jacksons.

Thanks. I just heard from the guy and he said it had a MIJ sticker on the back of the neck but it came off years ago

• Members

Here is a web search result for:

http://www.metacrawler.com/search/web?fcoid=417&fcop=topnav&fpid=2&q=charvel+CX+made+in+Japan&ql=

I do not see the 192 on the first page...but I see no reason to assume that it ISN'T Maiden Japan. :idk:

And really....I don't think it should matter too much. It will either be a good guitar for you or not...right?

• Members

Thanks. I just heard from the guy and he said it had a MIJ sticker on the back of the neck but it came off years ago

Yep, that's about right. It's a cool guitar. The neck is really fast and thin, stock pickups are ok, the gotoh tuners are awesome and mine had a real good Floyd copy (which I took it out of the guitar before I sold it and still have it for a future project). It's a decent guitar for sure, you can do a LOT worse for 2 bills. With a few upgrades it could even be your main guitar. Workmanship is very solid and most of the parts are really good. It mainly needs a better bridge pickup, but that's the case for a LOT of guitars out there costing a lot more. {censored}, I upgraded the bridge pickups on both my US Gibsons, it's totally normal.

Archived