Home assembly: Strat copy w/ gotoh floyd

dimperdoo

• Members

I bought a top-mount floyd strat neck from Mighty Mite and I had to file the flat under the nut alot to make the action even close to normal. I bet I took off 1/8".

Did you have to file any?

I also had pertruding fret ends. I taped the neck and knocked them down with a few emery boards one night. Overall, I think the mighty might neck was pretty {censored}ty. I will probably demote it to another guitar and try again with a better one.

The neck pocket was a nice precise tight fit right out of the box - my only issue was the protruding fret ends. It's not so bad that I intend to fix it. I've been playing and enjoy the guitar.

• Members

Whoa, that thing is sick. Great work!

Thanks!

I was playing it today and this pic is staring me on the face of Walter Trout in th Jan '07 guitar one mag. He's holding an old strat which is quite relic'd (for real.) And, I'm thinking now about taking it apart and going down to the alder in the "wear" places - then, redo the clear. I never really got the relic thing... But, it'd be nice not to worry about dings or such.

In person, you can see where it's lighter in the outline and towards the edges (like a fade.) And, a relic job would take advantage of that.

**That white iceman in your av is a nice looking guitar too. It's ironic, because I just bought a Lovekraft Mojodrive. It's the stealth version and all white. It's got me thinking about putting together a completely white rig. (efx map and guit)

• Members

Are you happy with the KnE body?

I got one from them about 6 months ago and was very happy with the workmanship, for the price. They're a god send for people who want to build Superstrat types, Dinkys and Franks, etc.

Nice work and well described by the way.

• Members

Are you happy with the KnE body?

I got one from them about 6 months ago and was very happy with the workmanship, for the price. They're a god send for people who want to build Superstrat types, Dinkys and Franks, etc.

Nice work and well described by the way.

My only complaint is the misalignment of the front trem route - which isn't in the way - so, it's only aesthetics.

Archived