Slash"Made In Stoke"

primeholy

• Members

I caught that a few days ago. Slash can certainly tear it up.. And I still remember Christmas morning as a wee 9y.o lad in 87 that my parents bought me Appetite.. Gotta love parents who had no idea what they were buying their youngin. Ironically enough, she wouldn't buy Kill em All for me as that was my other cassette request.. Because of the bloody hammer.. Lol.. Anyway I remember opening it up and seeing the cartoon titties and hearing all the cursing in "it's so easy".. I was listening on my Sony Walkman that was also new, and just being blown away.. Mainly cause of the titties and swearing, but I felt like I was in my own little world listening to that.. And for sure, that was the moment I knew what I wanted to be.. A drugged up musician..

So what I'm getting at is, I haven't bought or really heard any of his solo material. I don't like Velvet Revolver and I really don't ever listen to those old GnR records, but Slash will always be a sentimental artist for me and I do enjoy his playing. And from what I heard from that dvd, some of the solo stuff is pretty good

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75

View Post

ENdtime: The first Slash album is worth checking out. I never dug the Snakepit and VR, the latter did have a few good songs. His latest album, Apocalyptic Love, is a letdown, but his playing on it is the only thing worth listening to. Now if I can block out Kennedy's voice on it... icon_lol.gif

Man, how can you say the new Slash CD is a disappointment. I absolutely love it. I guess if you don't Myle's voice. I love the whole thing.

The first VR was great but the second one not as much. It started sounding too much like modern STP, because they let Weiland help write

• Members

I loved it, Slash's playing is in top form these day's IMO.

View Post

ENdtime: The first Slash album is worth checking out. I never dug the Snakepit and VR, the latter did have a few good songs. His latest album, Apocalyptic Love, is a letdown, but his playing on it is the only thing worth listening to. Now if I can block out Kennedy's voice on it... icon_lol.gif

IDK, I loved the second album, I thought there was a lot of great songs on it. I think Anastasia has become one of my new favorite Slash songs ever.

I also really dug Snakepit back in the day too.

• Members

I loved it, Slash's playing is in top form these day's IMO.

View Post

IDK, I loved the second album, I thought there was a lot of great songs on it. I think Anastasia has become one of my new favorite Slash songs ever.

I also really dug Snakepit back in the day too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis_Mortis

View Post

Man, how can you say the new Slash CD is a disappointment. I absolutely love it. I guess if you don't Myle's voice. I love the whole thing.

The first VR was great but the second one not as much. It started sounding too much like modern STP, because they let Weiland help write

I don't know bro, I like the two songs he sang on the 1st solo album, but singing the 2nd album entirely got me all tired of his voice. Strange because I like Kennedy's voice for Alter Bridge.

Maybe I was hoping Slash would feature more guest singers again.

Archived