Black Tusk rocks

Ovid9

• Members

So, if any of you all live in a town Black Tusk is coming too, go see them. Nice as hell guys and they bring teh metalz live. Just balls out heavy metal. No frills, just ROCK!

I'm not the biggest fan of their recordings, but live, they are fun as hell. I helped the drummer get his kit on stage, which wasn't bad as its a simple setup that he smashes the hell out of.

I shot the {censored} with their bass player for a bit, very cool dude. Bought him a Hamm's (pretty sure I'm going to wish I hadn't drank 4 of them a PBR and a Miller Lite in the morning) talked gear, touring and stuff.

He runs a Mesa 400 bass rig with a 4x10 (maybe an 8x10?) and 2x15 (?) something like that. The guitarist was playing through some sort of marshall and 2 6x12s it looked like. Single row of knobs but I didn't get a look at it. Both had custom guitars/basses though the single rocked an SG for the 2nd half of the set.

His backup rig is a 1974 Acoustic 370 amp. love.gif

Also he has a sweet Mesa 295 guitar rig a friend of his has rigged so its got essentially 4 channels run by a footswitch in all sorts of combinations including cascading all the gain channels into each other. freak.giflove.gif

And both he and the guitarist have VTM's for side projects and the guitarist's backup. biggrin.gif

Anyway, it was a hell of a fun night starting off with a black'n'roll band, a bunch of kids playing death metal (not terrible, the singer is ok, the bass player is eek.gif amazing, the drummer....needs work, and the guitarist........i hate critiquing someone who I will never be half as good as but...boring and too gainy. yes, too gainy for death metal. or maybe not too gainy, but he just didn't sound very good.)

Then Black Tusk showed the noobs how to rock. Totally_jammin_out.gif

Archived