Ordering Splawn 2x12 today ... HALP!!!!

JerEvil

• Members

So, I decided to pull the trigger on a new 2 x 12 cabinet. The only problem is, they have too many freaking options to choose from for how I want it to look!

I have considered going full plexi style with gold piping on the cab and salt-and-pepper grill or the large check, I also like the black tolex, white piping and wheat grill like the Bogner cabs. Some of the racing stripe styles are cool as well.

Where this gets dicey for me, is in March I plan on ordering a QuickRod as well and I want the head to match the cab.

I also have my Titan Custom coming sooner than later (fingers crossed) but that has a fairly classic b/w color scheme. The QuickRod may end up being a bit more flashy cosmetically.

Please, post some of the sexiest cabs you can find. I need some inspiration.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
why buy new instead of saving 50-80% on a used one?

i dunno, i think all 3 of my cabs are sexy in their own way. pics in sig. obviously i think the mako cab looks the best w the mak4 but the tweed whitebox cab is damn purdy too.
I can't find a used 2x12 anywhere. I am avoiding eBay at all costs. Plus, the fact that I can customize the look is appealing.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil View Post
So, I decided to pull the trigger on a new 2 x 12 cabinet. The only problem is, they have too many freaking options to choose from for how I want it to look!

I have considered going full plexi style with gold piping on the cab and salt-and-pepper grill or the large check, I also like the black tolex, white piping and wheat grill like the Bogner cabs. Some of the racing stripe styles are cool as well.

Where this gets dicey for me, is in March I plan on ordering a QuickRod as well and I want the head to match the cab.

I also have my Titan Custom coming sooner than later (fingers crossed) but that has a fairly classic b/w color scheme. The QuickRod may end up being a bit more flashy cosmetically.

Please, post some of the sexiest cabs you can find. I need some inspiration.
Whatever you choose, congratulations bro thumb.gif

• Members

I'd say whatever options you are planning to choose for the QR, apply them to the cab as well. I personally like simple looking gear, with black tolex, black or white piping etc...
IMHO fancy looking gear looks tacky real quick with any amount of road wear, while the simple {censored} looks awesome with some wear and tear.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
I'd say whatever options you are planning to choose for the QR, apply them to the cab as well. I personally like simple looking gear, with black tolex, black or white piping etc...
IMHO fancy looking gear looks tacky real quick with any amount of road wear, while the simple {censored} looks awesome with some wear and tear.
Plus, if you ever have to move more "customized" gear (who sells anything though, amirite??) it's harder to do so.
I need to find the pics I have of these Mesa bass cabs that were covered in B&W cow hide F/S on eBay a while back...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
I hear you man. So far, I am diggin the looks of these:

DV016_Jpg_Large_481272.001_black_R.jpg

SplawnCab.jpg

spl41205blksp.jpg

• Members

Just pulled the trigger.

Went with the black tolex, large check pattern grill cloth and white piping around the grill. Like the 4x12 above.

Also, went with the Celestion Creamback speakers. Talked with both Scott and Mike at great length and I think I will be VERY happy with the cab. I guess the Creamback is a 65 watt version of the Greenback.

Should be here in 7 -10 days!!!

EDIT:
Also, I gotta say, haters gonna hate but good Lord does Splawn have excellent customer service.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil View Post
EDIT:
Also, I gotta say, haters gonna hate but good Lord does Splawn have excellent customer service.
Hell yeah they do. The build quality is awesome too- down to the little stuff like the handles and metal skid plates on the top being recessed to sit flush with the tolex.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ShaneV2 View Post
Hell yeah they do. The build quality is awesome too- down to the little stuff like the handles and metal skid plates on the top being recessed to sit flush with the tolex.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I must have called there and talked to Scott and Mike at least 4 times over the last month just talking through tone and cosmetic options. They are super cool guys and I feel very comfortable handing over my money to them! LOL!

I will eventually get a 4x12 to match. When it comes time to order a QR, I will do it basically just like the one that was posted except all white knobs. That head is actually on eBay right now but I just can't move on something like that until after the first of the year. Holidays and whatnot.

NOW, if I do move a few things I have in the spam sections then I am golden.

• Members

This is my rig

050-1.jpg

Man that looks really nice. I am still debating on whether or not I should do the plexi piping on the cab. Just don't know if it would be overkill with the large check grill cloth.

I gotta sleep on it. You don't have any front facing shots do you?

Archived