Mid-wattage amp recommendations.

• Members

I'm looking to downsize from a VHT Deliverance and a bunch of other amps. I absolutely love the sound of that amp in a wet/dry setup but it's too loud for my uses, I'm looking for something around 50W or less that can be used for smaller gigs and sounds great at bedroom levels.

I play a wide variety of musical genres but the sound I always like is a very tight high gain sound with a smoother high end and crushing lows, kind of like what the Deliverance gave me. I haven't researched amps in quite a while so don't know what's good at the moment, the EVH 5150III mini seems like a decent option, an effects loop is a must since I'll no longer be running a wet/dry setup. Also I play mostly standard tuned guitars but also 7 strings and a couple of my guitars are in D/drop C and Eb, etc, so I need something that can handle the low tunings, the Deliverance really wasn't great when it came to that.

Suggestions on some stuff to check out? No Mesa please, I've been through so many Mesa's lately and had nothing but problems, I want something rock solid reliable.

Thanks!

Archived