Modular MTS System - Why have I never heard of this?

FourT6and2

• Members

I run an RM4 with the RT2/50 power amp. Midi switching the power tubes on the fly for what I am looking for tone wise. I have a few stock modules and just started getting into the modded modules with a jaded faith Quickmod (splawn quick rod clone). Super happy and really don't look much at anything else amp wise.

I think you could get an Rm100 with 3 modules for $1600. A little steep but not too bad when you consider what you are getting. Wish randall would have kept em going!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been using Randall MTS gear for a while now..and to be clear, you can use whatever power amp you like...even on the combos (just go from the effects send out and go to your favorite power amp).
Noone heard of the MTS line basically because of the politics of the music retailing bizness and also bad timing (Everything crashed in 2006..remember?)
So thats actually good news. The most flexible amps ever made are available at reasonable prices now, and all the 3rd party people (people who care) have taken the helm.
I have had custom work done for me, and you can basically get anything you want made to order...stock modules run 100-200 used and totally custom creations up to 450...but if you went to Mesa and asked for a custom preamp..they wouldnt even make anything for you...let alone for 450!!! Go to Engle and try that. All due respect,but...They're not a custom shop. The MTS 3rd party people can make anything (see Jaded Faith or Voodoo Mods or Salvation or others...they have made MTS stuff for Steve Stevens,Billy Corgan,Def Leppard, etc etc etc ) Hear the demos for yourselves. This stuff is tubes, not modelling!!! I respect people who love a crankedMarshall...and a Boogie and a vintage Twin for cleans..but who has the stage area for that? Who has the crew to move it? If the MTS preamps are 85% percent there (the clone preamps of Marshalls and Framus and Diezel etc etc), isnt that good enough considering the cost, convenience and weight?
I've used alot of gear..I'm a tone hound..and the Randall stuff is quite good, and nowdays you can get in on it at the right price.
GtrGeorge of Holiday Road LI's favorite Cover Band

Archived