Low wattage tube amps that are good at bluesy tones...

colejustesen

• Members

Idonno why you'd want a head/cab, much easier to tote a small combo. As much as I like Fender amps I think a Classic 30 is better than a Blues Jr. for about the same money. How about a Super Champ and a Cab? You can get it both ways, kind of like my ex-girlfriend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sillypuddy

View Post

Idonno why you'd want a head/cab, much easier to tote a small combo. As much as I like Fender amps I think a Classic 30 is better than a Blues Jr. for about the same money. How about a Super Champ and a Cab? You can get it both ways, kind of like my ex-girlfriend.

The reason I wanted a head format is because it would stack nicely on my Marshall head and cab setup. I am limited on space in my guitar room/office space and didn't want to have to worry about a combo taking up extra space.

That being said, I tried the Blues Jr., Egnater Tweaker, Marshall Class 5, and a Pro Jr. Of these amps, I really ended up liking the Tweaker [plus they had a used one]. It was connected to a 4x12 cab [Marshall MG412A] and though this cab is less than stellar compared to the 1960 cab or Orange cabs, it was nice to hear the head on something different than the matching 1x12 cabinet. The last time I played the Tweaker, it was with the matching cab and I didn't really enjoy it [it could have been user error then, but I had some general settings to try today]. The 4x12 gave me a different perspective that I really enjoyed.

I wanted to try the JCA20H again, but I didn't even see any Jet City Amps there... I was actually surprised not to see a one. Come to think of it, I didn't see any Blackstar amps either... Oh well, I guess I will have to try the JCA20 another time idn_smilie.gif

So after playing them all I decided to take the Tweaker. It really delivered for me today, and it sounds great with my ported 1x12 cab! So thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, I really appreciate all your input, it was helpful!!!

Cole

• Members

Peavey did make the Classic 20, but those are REALLY rare.

Classic 30 heads are rare to pop up. There's this guy here in OC selling one for $350 that no one has picked up. I didn't need it at the time since i had two heads. But now I might sell the other one that I have left, after I sold the other one months ago.

fak cry.gif

Archived