Decisions decisions... Modded Boss SD-1

Mike LX-R

• Members

Alright gents.

If you've seen me post on any thread regarding overdrive pedals I've probably professed my love for the Xotic BB Preamp custom shop version love.gif. I have two other OD's that I've held onto. I got the Dano CTO-1 (Timmy clone) and I have a Keeley SD-1. The Dano is married to my '66 Fender Pro Reverb so I'm definitely going to keep it, but I'm getting ready to sell some pedals and I keep looking at this Keeley SD-1 and thinking that maybe it's time to let it go.

What say ye? Should I let her go? I don't use it and the BB out performs it as a lead boost by a significant margin.

If you are of the opinion that I should let it go, feel free to offer $/trades for it cop.gif It might just help me make up my mind icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules

View Post

How much do you think you'll get for it? For low-value stuff like that I don't think there's any point in selling. You never know when you might want it.

Then again, I'm a proto-hoarder

Low value? I'd say $60-75 depending on the buyer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

Low value? I'd say $60-75 depending on the buyer.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, it just seems like selling something that's worth under $100 is more trouble than holding on to it.

I've got a couple of pedals and such that I don't use and I've even listed them for sale, but in the end I just can't be bothered to actually get rid of them.

As I said though; hoarder

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

I would keep the SD-1 as for me it boosts just the right frequencies for lead.

try the BB preamp love.gif

It's a great pedal, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't get love from me anymore since I've found the BB. I'm getting rid of my EHX D. Electric Mistress (Hartman Analog Flanger is shipping, yay!), my Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus (CE-1 circuit), and it's likely that I'll just sell this Keeley SD-1 but I'm not sure still....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

try the BB preamp love.gif

It's a great pedal, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't get love from me anymore since I've found the BB. I'm getting rid of my EHX D. Electric Mistress (Hartman Analog Flanger is shipping, yay!), my Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus (CE-1 circuit), and it's likely that I'll just sell this Keeley SD-1 but I'm not sure still....

I prefer the SD-1 redface.gif but it does depend what mods you have done on it?

I have had so many overdrive pedals but the SD-1 is the one that always stays with me.

• Members

I would say that if you aren't using it, then sell it to someone who would. I think that a modified SD-1 sounds great, and Robert Keeley does make those pedals sound really good. I love what he does to the Metal Zone pedal, he actually makes it sound good!

That being said, I have a modified [Monte Allums GT Mod] Boss SD-1 and while I like it, it didn't unseat my Dano CT-1. It really is awesome, now I just need to find the right priced CF-1 thumb.gif

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

I would say that if you aren't using it, then sell it to someone who would. I think that a modified SD-1 sounds great, and Robert Keeley does make those pedals sound really good. I love what he does to the Metal Zone pedal, he actually makes it sound good!

That being said, I have a modified [Monte Allums GT Mod] Boss SD-1 and while I like it, it didn't unseat my Dano CT-1. It really is awesome, now I just need to find the right priced CF-1 thumb.gif

Cole

How did you find the mod? I thought it was very easy.

Archived