Is there a Higher End Tube Amp for Electric/Acoustic/P.A ??

NeverTheMachine

• Members

Do they make such an amp that can be used for solo performance; such as plugging in an acoustic or electric guitar and serve as a P.A at the same time?

If not, let me know what the options are that come close. A P.A might be asking too much, but what is a good tube amp that can serve as both an acoustic and electric amp?

When I say electric, meaning it has more than one channel with preamp dirt, reverb, presence, etc. .. not something just for clean tones, but Options.

• Members

That style of setup usually doesn't work very well since most speakers are voiced for either a PA or an electric guitar. I've never really heard any electric-guitar amp, tube or otherwise, that an acoustic sounded good through. I've also never come across a tube amp for an acoustic guitar, though...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Closest thing i can think of is the Rivera Sedona, but i'm not sure if it has a mic input. You could always get an xlr to 1/4" adapter

This. But I don't think I'd want to use it for a PA. You can mic a small combo, use a red box, use an amp that has direct out or run a preamp directly into a Carvin powered mixer into Mackie active speakers paired with a Bag End subwoofer. That will sound light years better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Closest thing i can think of is the Rivera Sedona, but i'm not sure if it has a mic input.

This is the only tube product AFAIK.

I used Schertler Unico for a while, Mesa/Boogie V-Twin into the line-in input, vocals, bass, electronic drumset and acoustic guitar via the normal inputs.

Archived